ideas ,help with a webpage

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by ivanfernandez80@gmail.com, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello I didn't do any web page development since university ,I wanted
    to create a web page for the fun of it ,an I was surprised of how easy
    it is to use frontpage and dramweaver to do basic stuff ,but I wanted
    to do something that I am sure it can be done but I don't really know
    the way .
    The webpage is not something original and it has been done before .
    Xe.com is a currency converter from a currency to another currency I
    have the following questions :

    1) Wanted to auto detect the users country and accordingly set the
    starting currency (from this currency) to the currency that his country
    is using.
    And also change the language to the user's language ...

    2)lets say that I have users from two countries Germany and Hungary I
    can create two starting web pages one with Hungarian and one with
    German ..but lets say I have users from 30 different countries is not
    very convenient to have to create a web page for each language there
    must be a way that someone can i have a webpage that takes textiles or
    something with the language strings and just displays them.

    3) Lets say that the language is wrong and the user is using a computer
    of the Spanish person and the user is Japanese I want to give them the
    option to change the language
    at any time ..do they have to install another language e.g Japanese in
    this case? or only the encoding has to be changed .?

    4)I wanted to give the user the option to select the currency in a
    better way than dropdown box ,or a list box .. like a menu somehow but
    I can't come with anything ...I don't know what guys can you
    suggest I guess the list box is the obvious especially if there are
    so many currencies but I would like something nicer... for example to
    display the currency image at the side ..not sure..

    5) If I create user login for example and I have different users that
    they pay for the services how can I restrict certain currency converter
    for certain users e.g. we have two users and the one user didn't pay
    subscribed for the free service (he can convert Euro to dollars, visa
    versa, pounds to dollars visa versa, pounds to Euro visa versa), the
    user that paid can convert any currency ..

    6) How can I restrict users from copying the website (using offline
    explorer for example).

    I was wondering what tools do I need to use to create the
    website(recommended reading books?/online tutorials ),how will I be
    creating the functionality that I want and how will I be resolving
    every problem listed ?

    Many Thanks Ivan

    , Apr 8, 2006