    ?

    Thanks
    Norm

    Norm, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Norm

    ChrisH Guest

    Most of my python admin scripts focus around Windows.

    Typically they involve
    - group management
    - searching the domain for different files or registry entries
    - modifying said files or registry entries

    In article <ca2b1i$o0e$>, says...

    ChrisH, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Norm

    Marco Bartel Guest

    Norm wrote:
    > I was wondering if you would give me some examples (not code, but general
    > ideas) of what you are using Python for in Network Administration / Security
    > ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Norm

    Hello Norm,

    we use python in many places of our company, here only a few examples:

    production monitoring ( counting pieces, runtimes of machines,
    collecting temperature and humidity informations, general automation
    stuff, printing inline barcodes.... )

    userinterfaces for different database applications

    monitoring of our harddisks in the servers

    monitoring of hard/software raid-devices in the servers

    many scripts for our mailscanners

    the mailproxies are written in python

    our knowledge-database / content-management-system is written in python

    the flextime of the employees are managed by python programms including
    the hardware stuff (badge readers).

    user-management-software ( creating unix,ldap,nis,mail and some specific
    account for new user, editing them...)

    and of course a lot of helping scripts for the daily work.

    I think there is a lot of power hidden in this little interpreter, and
    there is more possible, as we are currently using.

    CU
    Marco

    Marco Bartel, Jun 8, 2004