identifier not found error, undeclared identifier

aarthi28

Hi,
I have this code that I am trying to compile, but I am getting the
following errors

'CoInitializeSecurity': identifier not found
'EOAC_NONE' : undeclared identifier

I have pasted the code below

// Using_WMI1.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console
application.
//

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "wbemidl.h"
#include <comdef.h>

#ifdef _DEBUG
#define new DEBUG_NEW
#undef THIS_FILE
static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__;
#endif

void OnButtonGetinfo()
{
// TODO: Add your control notification handler code here
CoInitialize(NULL);

//Security needs to be initialized in XP first and this was the major
problem
//why it was not working in XP.

if(CoInitializeSecurity( NULL,
-1,
NULL,
NULL,
RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT,
RPC_C_IMP_LEVEL_IMPERSONATE,
NULL,
EOAC_NONE,
0)
!= S_OK)
return;

IWbemLocator * pIWbemLocator = NULL;
IWbemServices * pWbemServices = NULL;
IEnumWbemClassObject * pEnumObject = NULL;

BSTR bstrNamespace = (L"root\\cimv2");

if(CoCreateInstance (
CLSID_WbemAdministrativeLocator,
NULL ,
CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER | CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER ,
IID_IUnknown ,
( void ** ) & pIWbemLocator
) != S_OK)
return;

if(pIWbemLocator->ConnectServer(
bstrNamespace, // Namespace
NULL, // Userid
NULL, // PW
NULL, // Locale
0, // flags
NULL, // Authority
NULL, // Context
&pWbemServices
) != S_OK)
return;

HRESULT hRes;
// BSTR strQuery = (L"Select * from win32_Processor");
BSTR strQuery = (L"SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem");
// BSTR strQuery = (L"SELECT Name, ProcessId, Caption, ExecutablePath"
FROM Win32_Process");

// BSTR strQuery = (L"SELECT * FROM Win32_Process");

BSTR strQL = (L"WQL");
hRes = pWbemServices-
ExecQuery(strQL,strQuery,WBEM_FLAG_RETURN_IMMEDIATELY,NULL,&pEnumObject);

if(hRes != S_OK)
{
printf("Could not execute Query");
return;
}

ULONG uCount = 1, uReturned;
IWbemClassObject * pClassObject = NULL;

hRes = pEnumObject->Reset();

if(hRes != S_OK)
{
printf("Could not Enumerate");
return;
}

hRes = pEnumObject->Next(WBEM_INFINITE,uCount, &pClassObject,
&uReturned);
if(hRes != S_OK)
{
printf("Could not Enumerate");
return;
}

VARIANT v1;
BSTR strClassProp = SysAllocString(L"NumberOfProcesses");
hRes = pClassObject->Get(strClassProp, 0, &v1, 0, 0);

if(hRes != S_OK)
{
printf("Could not Get Value");
return;
}

SysFreeString(strClassProp);

_bstr_t bstrPath = &v1; //Just to convert BSTR to ANSI
char* strPath=(char*)bstrPath;

if (SUCCEEDED(hRes))
printf(strPath);
else
printf("Error in getting object");

VariantClear( &v1 );

pIWbemLocator->Release();
pWbemServices->Release();
pEnumObject->Release();
pClassObject->Release();
CoUninitialize();

}
int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
OnButtonGetinfo();
return 0;
}

Any help I can get will be appreciated. Thanks

Alf P. Steinbach

* (e-mail address removed):

Hi.

PLEASE DON'T CROSSPOST TO ENVIRONMENT-SPECIFIC GROUPS AND CLC++.

Follow-ups set for pure C++ responses.

I have this code that I am trying to compile, but I am getting the
following errors

'CoInitializeSecurity': identifier not found

This means you haven't declared that identifier, most probably you've
forgotten to include some header.

'EOAC_NONE' : undeclared identifier
Ditto.

I have pasted the code below

// Using_WMI1.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console
application.
//

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "wbemidl.h"
#include <comdef.h>

None of these are standard C++ headers. Most probably the intention is
that "stdafx.h" should drag in the headers you're missing. Update that
file to include the relevant headers (it's also a good idea to turn off
precompiled header support for your project -- the vendor-specific
variant you're using confuses novices endlessly, allows incorrect code
to compile, and sometimes means correct code doesn't compile).

#ifdef _DEBUG
#define new DEBUG_NEW

Redefining a C++ keyword means your code has undefined behavior if it
uses anything from the standard library. And since it apparently uses
'new'...

#undef THIS_FILE
static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__;
#endif

void OnButtonGetinfo()
{
// TODO: Add your control notification handler code here
CoInitialize(NULL);

Although environment-specific, this is a library initialization call.
It's generally unsafe to initialize libraries later than the start of
'main'. In particular, experience with this library is that late
initialization is extremely unsafe -- don't do it.

[snip]
int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])

This is not a standard C++ startup function.

Moreover it's braindead even for this program's intended environment.

Use standard 'main'.

Any help I can get will be appreciated. Thanks

You're welcome.

Cheers,

- Alf

chris_doran

Hi,
I have this code that I am trying to compile, but I am getting the
following errors

'CoInitializeSecurity': identifier not found
'EOAC_NONE' : undeclared identifier

A search on the VC subdirectories finds it in objidl.h, but you should

#include <objbase.h>

as is stated in the Requirements section of the MSDN description of
CoInitializeSecurity.

Chris