    What should I look for to determine the language of each web page? Any
    advice is welcome.

    , Apr 11, 2008

  2. On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, wrote:

    > Suppose I need to classify 10000 web pages based on their languages.
    > What should I look for to determine the language of each web page?

    The "lang" attribute in HTML; the "xml:lang" attribute in XHTML.

    Andreas Prilop, Apr 11, 2008

  3. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >Suppose I need to classify 10000 web pages based on their languages.
    >What should I look for to determine the language of each web page? Any
    >advice is welcome.

    Assuming you want to do this by inspection of the text (rather than
    looking for xml:lang and the like), Google for language
    identification. The first page lists several tools and a research
    bibliography on the subject.

    -- Richard
    --
    :wq