    Can javascript query the IE security model ?

    Thank you in advance,
    Sem

    Sem K., Dec 22, 2003

  2. Sem K.

    VK Guest

    > I suspect, that this is because, they have some obscure security
    > settings.

    Yes, it's a security issue, but nothing obscure: it's called High
    Security Level. In particular

    Security Settings > Download signed ActiveX controls > Disable
    and
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins > Disable (or Administrator approved)

    > I want to know whether it is possible, to identify this condition ?

    Meanning on the server-side? No.
    To prompt users that something's missing, use something like
    <object...>ActiveX control is not activated.</object>
    (the text between <object> tags is not visible if the object processes
    OK)

    > Can javascript query the IE security model ?

    No (except check cookie allowed/disabled).

    VK, Dec 22, 2003