    but if www.bbc.co.uk can serve up a separate site for mobile content then I
    assume there's some reasonably safe way of doing this.

    +e

    The Eclectic Electric, Dec 14, 2006

  2. "The Eclectic Electric" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > My site, www.listyblue.com, renders rather haphazardly when I view
    > it with my mobile phone. I'd like to serve a different stylesheet,
    > or maybe no stylesheet for devices with limited screen space. Is it
    > possible to identify these devices accurately? I know browser
    > detection is a big no-no, but if www.bbc.co.uk can serve up a
    > separate site for mobile content then I assume there's some
    > reasonably safe way of doing this.

    Javascript / Screensize?

    Gernot Frisch, Dec 14, 2006

  3. The Eclectic Electric wrote:
    > My site, www.listyblue.com, renders rather haphazardly when I view it with
    > my mobile phone. I'd like to serve a different stylesheet, or maybe no
    > stylesheet for devices with limited screen space. Is it possible to
    > identify these devices accurately? I know browser detection is a big no-no,
    > but if www.bbc.co.uk can serve up a separate site for mobile content then I
    > assume there's some reasonably safe way of doing this.
    >
    > +e

    <LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" MEDIA="handheld" HREF="foo.css">

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 14, 2006
  4. "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    > The Eclectic Electric wrote:
    >> My site, www.listyblue.com, renders rather haphazardly when I view it
    >> with my mobile phone. I'd like to serve a different stylesheet, or maybe
    >> no stylesheet for devices with limited screen space. Is it possible to
    >> identify these devices accurately? I know browser detection is a big
    >> no-no, but if www.bbc.co.uk can serve up a separate site for mobile
    >> content then I assume there's some reasonably safe way of doing this.
    >>
    >> +e

    > <LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" MEDIA="handheld" HREF="foo.css">
    >

    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    > http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    You're a star. Thank you.

    I've had great trouble googling this sort of information. I must be asking
    the wrong questions, but you'd think there'd be a mass of information out
    there about this these days.

    +e

    The Eclectic Electric, Dec 15, 2006
  5. The Eclectic Electric wrote:

    > I've had great trouble googling this sort of information. I must be asking
    > the wrong questions, but you'd think there'd be a mass of information out
    > there about this these days.

    How to ask the "right" question is a skill that alludes many, ample
    evidence in this NG ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 15, 2006
  6. The Eclectic Electric

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> vouchsafed:

    > The Eclectic Electric wrote:
    >
    >> I've had great trouble googling this sort of information. I must be
    >> asking the wrong questions, but you'd think there'd be a mass of
    >> information out there about this these days.

    > How to ask the "right" question is a skill that alludes many, ample
    > evidence in this NG ;-)

    Okay, how do I get rich and still have plenty of time to loaf and goof off
    without doing anything criminal? PS: I don't wanna work too hard when I'm
    working, either.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Dec 16, 2006
  7. The Eclectic Electric

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns989AED81A637Chttpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
    wrote:

    > > How to ask the "right" question is a skill that alludes many, ample
    > > evidence in this NG ;-)

    > Okay, how do I get rich and still have plenty of time to loaf and goof off
    > without doing anything criminal?

    Good question,

    Straightforward reply now possible:

    You don't.