    Hi!

    Is there a way where I can identify if the field sent was modified?

    Me

    A P, Jan 27, 2005

  2. A P

    Rob Meade Guest

    "A P" wrote ...

    > Is there a way where I can identify if the field sent was modified?

    Hello A P,

    I'm assuming you mean a 'form' field...

    You presumably have the data stored some where that you've pre-populated the
    form with already? If so, you could compare it once submitted to the
    original dataset.

    Or, you could have a series of hidden fields on the form, a little
    javascript to register an onChange event and then write a value to the
    corresponding hidden field for the visible field.

    Or, you could have just one hidden field and have the same javascript
    concatenate the fields names that have changed into one value, ie field1,
    field3, field6 etc.

    Or, you could have a series of hidden fields with the original values in,
    and the visible fields, then compare them against each other once submitted.

    Pros and conns to all I guess...

    Why do you need to identify the change(s)?

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Jan 27, 2005