Idiotic question of an Idiot - dint like dont reply.

Richard Bos

Ben C said:
[...] this is just a guy who can't be bothered to write his own
language properly.

English being /my/ second language (caveat: my second profession is
translating to and from it ;-) ), and being exposed to all levels
provenances of non-native English in the office (apres office as well),
I tend to side with Richard on this one.

I disagree. As the article was posted from a DSL line connected to
a system based in New Delhi...

Anyway, whatever the reasons, it's not fair to be mean to people just
because they can't spell.

It is, however, quite fair to be mean to people just because they're too
bluidy lazy to use a spill chucker.

Never mind the shown attitude of "don't give me answers I don't like".

Richard

CBFalconer

Richard said:
.... snip ...

On the spelling/grammar thing: we shouldn't forget that we adopt
spelling and grammar rules for a *reason* - i.e. to facilitate
smooth and seamless communication. It is true that it takes W
seconds longer to write an article if you choose to take time
and trouble to get the grammar and spelling right - but these W
seconds are well-spent, as putting your article into a
reasonably canonical form will save every single one of your N
readers an average of R seconds each in "decoding" the article.

In general I take the time to reformat quotations to a reasonable
line length, and remove crud from attributions. I hope this
results in people expecting to see a readable article when my name
is on it.

I know that whenever I see an article with wrapped overlong lines,
and a general mess, my first reaction is "next".