    Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    -Tom

    , Sep 30, 2008

  2. Kevin Walzer Guest

    wrote:
    > Just installed Python 2.5.2 on a PowerPC G4 running OSX 10.3.9 and
    > when clicking on the IDLE icon in the MacPython 2.5 folder nothing
    > happens, program doesn't execute...
    >
    > I've uninstalled, reinstalled over again...
    >
    > I friend of mine just installed the same 2.5.2 download from the
    > Python.org website on OSX 10.4.11 and all went fine...but shouldn't it
    > install on 10.3.9 as well?
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    > -Tom

    Do you have Tcl/Tk installed? It doesn't come on 10.3.9 by default.

    --
    Kevin Walzer
    Code by Kevin

    Kevin Walzer, Sep 30, 2008

    Just did a new install of Tcl/tk from activestate.com and IDLE still
    not working...

    -Tom

    On Sep 30, 1:15 pm, Kevin Walzer <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Just installed Python 2.5.2 on a PowerPC G4 running OSX 10.3.9 and
    > > when clicking on the IDLE icon in the MacPython 2.5 folder nothing
    > > happens, program doesn't execute...

    > > I've uninstalled, reinstalled over again...

    > > I friend of mine just installed the same 2.5.2 download from the
    > > Python.org website on OSX 10.4.11 and all went fine...but shouldn't it
    > > install on 10.3.9 as well?

    > > Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
    > > -Tom

    > Do you have Tcl/Tk installed? It doesn't come on 10.3.9 by default.
    >
    > --
    > Kevin Walzer
    > Code by Kevinhttp://www.codebykevin.com

    , Oct 1, 2008
  4. Kevin Walzer Guest

    wrote:
    > Just did a new install of Tcl/tk from activestate.com and IDLE still
    > not working...
    >
    > -Tom

    Did you install Tcl/Tk 8.5? It won't work with the build of Python from
    python.org (it looks for 8.4).

    --
    Kevin Walzer
    Code by Kevin

    Kevin Walzer, Oct 1, 2008

    Just installed TclTkAquaBI-8.4.9.0.dmg from http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/...still
    have no IDLE startup...

    Please let me know other ideas...thanks.
    -Tom

    On Oct 1, 9:22 am, Kevin Walzer <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Just did a new install of Tcl/tk from activestate.com and IDLE still
    > > not working...

    > > -Tom

    > Did you install Tcl/Tk 8.5? It won't work with the build of Python from
    > python.org (it looks for 8.4).
    >
    > --
    > Kevin Walzer
    > Code by Kevinhttp://www.codebykevin.com

    , Oct 2, 2008

    Now I downloaded the latest Python 2.6 that came out yesterday, and
    also downloaded the latest ActiveTcl...

    I run a Terminal, cd /usr/local/bin, and type "idle2.6"...get this
    error message:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/
    idle2.6", line 5, in <module>
    main()
    File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
    python2.6/idlelib/PyShell.py", line 1382, in main
    root = Tk(className="Idle")
    File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
    python2.6/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1645, in __init__
    self._loadtk()
    File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
    python2.6/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1659, in _loadtk
    % (_tkinter.TK_VERSION, tk_version)
    RuntimeError: tk.h version (8.4) doesn't match libtk.a version (8.5)

    Thanks for any help.
    -Tom

    On Oct 1, 9:22 am, Kevin Walzer <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Just did a new install of Tcl/tk from activestate.com and IDLE still
    > > not working...

    > > -Tom

    > Did you install Tcl/Tk 8.5? It won't work with the build of Python from
    > python.org (it looks for 8.4).
    >
    > --
    > Kevin Walzer
    > Code by Kevinhttp://www.codebykevin.com

    , Oct 2, 2008

    Looks like installing TclTkAqua-8.4.10.dmg fixed it...IDLE runs now!