IDLE is not as interactive as Maple

laser

In the future, will Python provide programe enviroment like Maple
does? In Maple, you can remove anything unneeded in the editor. And
the code execution order are not necessary in one direction. You can
run any command line on the screen by
push Enter key. These functions gave a lot of flaxibility for users to
start with programming something.

André

In the future, will Python provide programe enviroment like Maple
does?

A quick, flip answer: perhaps if you design one? Tools for Python are
designed by people scratching an itch.

That being said, have a look at reinteract:
http://www.reinteract.org/trac/wiki/Tutorial/Introduction

In Maple, you can remove anything unneeded in the editor. And
the code execution order are not necessary in one direction. You can
run any command line on the screen by
push Enter key. These functions gave a lot of flaxibility for users to
start with programming something.

André

Benjamin Kaplan

In the future, will Python provide programe enviroment like Maple
does? In Maple, you can remove anything unneeded in the editor. And
the code execution order are not necessary in one direction. You can
run any command line on the screen by
push Enter key. These functions gave a lot of flaxibility for users to
start with programming something.

Maple is a very expensive IDE that happens to have a language that
goes with it. Python is a language that happens to come with a free
text editor/integrated shell. For languages like Mathematica and
Maple, the IDE is everything- you almost never use the language
without the integrated IDE. Python focuses more on language features.
IDLE is not supposed to be a great editor on the level of Visual
Studio or Maple, it's supposed to be a convenient way to run your code
for people who are scared of the command line. I would venture a guess
that very few people on this list use IDLE for their coding. Based on
previous answers to questions, most people use Eclipse/PyDev,
Netbeans, Wing, Komodo, emacs, and vim. Wing and Komodo are the only
Python-specific IDEs on that list and neither of them are free (though
the have stripped-down free versions). If you want a better editor,
use one of those.

laser

Thanks very much for your information. Reinteract looks like exactly
what I want. It give me the similary feeling of using Maple. I like
this kind of programming style. People who did not have this
experience really should take a try.