IDLE & MySQLdb import error

Michael Boldin via alt email

I installed python 2.5 and used the win package for installing MySQLdb. (I am running Windows XP)
Everything works as expected using python directly (Windows command shell) but using IDLE gives the import error below.
Same error with PythonWin as my IDE and everything works using python 2.4-- with IDLE and without, mySQLdb is loaded with out error.
Below is the IDLE screen capture

Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
interface. This connection is not visible on any external
interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

IDLE 1.2 Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
import MySQLdb
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
import _mysql
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
It seems that when using IDLE the _mysql package can not be found although the path is the same as non-IDLE
python and help('modules') shows _mysql is an available.

Is this an IDLE or MySQLdb bug or some incorrect settign on my side

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/