IDLE & MySQLdb import error

Discussion in 'Python' started by Michael Boldin via alt email, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. I installed python 2.5 and used the win package for installing MySQLdb. (I am running Windows XP)
    Everything works as expected using python directly (Windows command shell) but using IDLE gives the import error below.
    Same error with PythonWin as my IDE and everything works using python 2.4-- with IDLE and without, mySQLdb is loaded with out error.
    Below is the IDLE screen capture

    Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
    Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
    makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
    interface. This connection is not visible on any external
    interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

    IDLE 1.2
    >>> import MySQLdb

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
    import MySQLdb
    File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    import _mysql
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

    It seems that when using IDLE the _mysql package can not be found although the path is the same as non-IDLE
    python and help('modules') shows _mysql is an available.

    Is this an IDLE or MySQLdb bug or some incorrect settign on my side

    Looking for earth-friendly autos?
    http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
    Michael Boldin via alt email, Mar 4, 2007