IDLE on Mac OS X

Furbybrain

I'm running 10.3.9 and I've just installed Python 2.4. IDLE won't start-
it bounces in the dock once or twice then goes away.
I'm new to Python, and I'm trying to learn. Thanks.

Bill Hale

Furbybrain said:
I'm running 10.3.9 and I've just installed Python 2.4. IDLE won't start-
it bounces in the dock once or twice then goes away.
I'm new to Python, and I'm trying to learn. Thanks.

You might want to open the console window by running the application
"Console" found in the Applications/Utilities folder. An error message
may be there indicating what the problem is.

-- Bill Hael

Kevin Walzer

Furbybrain said:
I'm running 10.3.9 and I've just installed Python 2.4. IDLE won't start-
it bounces in the dock once or twice then goes away.
I'm new to Python, and I'm trying to learn. Thanks.
You need to install Tcl/Tk--it doesn't come with 10.3 by default. Get a
Panther-compatible version at http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net.

Furbybrain

Furbybrain said:
I'm running 10.3.9 and I've just installed Python 2.4. IDLE won't start-
it bounces in the dock once or twice then goes away.
I'm new to Python, and I'm trying to learn. Thanks.
** IDLE can't import Tkinter. Your Python may not be configured for Tk. **
I'm installing TK like Kevin said. Thanks!