    I'm running 10.3.9 and I've just installed Python 2.4. IDLE won't start-
    it bounces in the dock once or twice then goes away.
    I'm new to Python, and I'm trying to learn. Thanks.
    Furbybrain, Aug 27, 2006

  2. Furbybrain

    Bill Hale Guest

    In article <MbnIg.65514$>,
    Furbybrain <> wrote:

    > I'm running 10.3.9 and I've just installed Python 2.4. IDLE won't start-
    > it bounces in the dock once or twice then goes away.
    > I'm new to Python, and I'm trying to learn. Thanks.

    You might want to open the console window by running the application
    "Console" found in the Applications/Utilities folder. An error message
    may be there indicating what the problem is.

    -- Bill Hael
    Bill Hale, Aug 27, 2006

  3. Furbybrain

    Kevin Walzer Guest

    Furbybrain wrote:
    > I'm running 10.3.9 and I've just installed Python 2.4. IDLE won't start-
    > it bounces in the dock once or twice then goes away.
    > I'm new to Python, and I'm trying to learn. Thanks.

    You need to install Tcl/Tk--it doesn't come with 10.3 by default. Get a
    Panther-compatible version at http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net.

    --
    Kevin Walzer
    Poetic Code
    Kevin Walzer, Aug 27, 2006
  4. Furbybrain

    Furbybrain Guest

    Furbybrain wrote:
    > I'm running 10.3.9 and I've just installed Python 2.4. IDLE won't start-
    > it bounces in the dock once or twice then goes away.
    > I'm new to Python, and I'm trying to learn. Thanks.

    ** IDLE can't import Tkinter. Your Python may not be configured for Tk. **
    I'm installing TK like Kevin said. Thanks!
    Furbybrain, Aug 28, 2006