Idle.pyw doesn't start in 2.4.1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi, I installed 2.4.1 on both my wife's & my computer.
    Her idle (pyw) starts fine, but mine doesn't. I have
    had previous versions on my computer as well as idlefork,
    but I removed them before installing 2.4.1. I tried
    uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and my
    idle.pyw file does not respond.

    When I click the idle.py file, it starts a console with
    the following error message printed 13 times:

    Warning: configHandler.py - IdleConf.GetThemeDict -
    problem retrieving theme element 'builtin-background'
    from theme 'test'.
    returning default value: '#ffffff'

    Warning: configHandler.py - IdleConf.GetThemeDict -
    problem retrieving theme element 'builtin-foreground'
    from theme 'test'.
    returning default value: '#000000'

    Then it boots a blank idle window with white menus.
    My wife's pull-down menus are gray. I don't know if
    the color is a clue to anything or not. Anyone else
    have this problem, know why it happened, or know how
    to solve it? Yes, I could just use the idle that boots
    with idle.py, but I'm just wondering why her install
    produced a clean working version and my install came
    with this bug? Thanks -Dave

    Dave, Jun 24, 2005