IDLE won't start

Dave

I just downloaded the new rpm's for Python2.3.2, from
http://www.python.org/2.3.2/rpms.html and installed all five on my Redhat 9
system. As expected, this leaves the existing Python2.2 in place for all
the system routines which depend on it, and makes the new Python available
in /usr/bin/python2.3.

Unfortunately, IDLE doesn't start anymore. I see on the main IDLE page
http://www.python.org/idle/ that "Unix users should check the Tools/idle/
subdirectory of the source distribution.", but there is no such directory at
/usr/lib/python2.3/Tools/idle/.

Aha!! I just found the problem. The command needs to be 'idle2.3', not
just 'idle'. This should be noted on the IDLE homepage, along with a
correction about the directory location. Maybe also in some README files
where users are likely to look, e.g. in /usr/lib/python2.3/Tools/README.

-- Dave