idref, key and xmllint

Discussion in 'XML' started by maxwell@ldc.upenn.edu, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I'm trying to write a schema, and test it by running an xml file of
    test data based on that schema through xmllint. I'm having a problem,
    because xmllint ( --version reports "using libxml version 20616")
    doesn't seem to know anything about idref, key or keyref.

    Specifically, the use of 'xsd:key' and 'xsd:keyref' in the schema
    causes xmllint to output
    Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5588
    and the use of 'idref' (but not of 'id') makes xmllint say
    Unimplemented block at xmlschemastypes.c:2164

    As I am very much a beginner at these things, I have no confidence
    that I've used these constructs correctly.

    Is there a newer version of xmllint/ libxml that handles idref, key
    and keyref?

    Is there another program that would be better at checking these sorts
    of things than xmllint? For example, could I load this into an XML
    editor and have it validate things (and particularly that I have the
    xpaths in the key and keyref right)?

    Mike Maxwell
    CASL/ U MD

    , Mar 14, 2007

  2. Hi,

    "" <> writes:

    > I'm having a problem, because xmllint ( --version reports "using
    > libxml version 20616") doesn't seem to know anything about idref,
    > key or keyref.

    XML Schema support in libxml2 is quite incomplete.

    > Is there a newer version of xmllint/ libxml that handles idref, key
    > and keyref?

    Yes, there is. Check http://www.xmlsoft.org.

    hth,
    -boris

    --
    Boris Kolpackov
    Code Synthesis Tools CC

    Boris Kolpackov, Mar 14, 2007

    On Mar 14, 2:52 pm, Boris Kolpackov <> wrote:
    > > Is there a newer version of xmllint/ libxml that handles idref, key
    > > and keyref?

    > Yes, there is. Checkhttp://www.xmlsoft.org.

    Thanks for the pointer--we'll be installing that!

    Mike Maxwell
    CASL/ U MD

    , Mar 15, 2007