IE.6.0 doesn't show list menu,,,

Discussion in 'HTML' started by mogwaii, Dec 12, 2010.

  1. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    The problem showed up just recently a month ago, there is some patch
    which i got with this list menu, but in the time of built it was not
    needed as the listing worked just fine in most grand browsers.

    month ago it stopped working, i really do not realize why....i've made
    patch free again and have put it in use, here's the patch code:

    <script type="text/javascript">
    //MSIE 6 and under hack for lack of CSS LI rollovers
    var sfHover = function() {
    var sfEls =
    document.getElementById("meni").getElementsByTagName("LI");
    for (var i=0; i<sfEls.length; i++) {
    sfEls.onmouseover=function() {
    this.className+=" sfhover";
    }
    sfEls.onmouseout=function() {
    this.className=this.className.replace(new RegExp(" sfhover\\b"),
    "");
    if (window.attachEvent) window.attachEvent("onload", sfHover);

    </script>

    I think it is for that use(to fix the listing of menu-bar in ie.6,0)
    but can't tell it for sure.

    Supposedly it has to do with floating, but if it worked from the
    beginning then i can't locate the bug so quickly, it has to be page
    related, but thats only Maybe.

    I someone could look at the code or has an instant answer/idea for
    what cause the problem, please let me know.

    mogwaii, Dec 12, 2010

  2. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    Re: IE.6.0 doesn't show list menu,,,

    the link for listing menu is http://www.trnje.hr/

    the menu is on the left side of the table.

    mogwaii, Dec 12, 2010

  3. Re: IE.6.0 doesn't show list menu,,,

    mogwaii wrote:

    > the link for listing menu is http://www.trnje.hr/
    >
    > the menu is on the left side of the table.

    In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack for
    support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define the
    class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet.

    BTW there is no CSS property "horizontal-align"

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 12, 2010
  4. mogwaii

    comitter Guest

    On 12 pro, 03:58, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > mogwaii wrote:
    >
    > > the link for listing menu ishttp://www.trnje.hr/

    > > the menu is on the left side of the table.

    > In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack for
    > support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define the
    > class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet.
    >
    > BTW there is no CSS property "horizontal-align"
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    "In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack
    for
    support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define
    the
    class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet. "

    Could you clarify this, it looks like a higher sphere of mathematics
    to me...
    hey, easy, cool, i'm not a highest-ranking physicist in nuclear
    facility.

    So this script which was closed before yesterday, should stay closed i
    guess... ?

    <script type="text/javascript">
    //MSIE 6 and under hack for lack of CSS LI rollovers
    var sfHover = function() {
    var sfEls =
    document.getElementByclass("meni").getElementsByTagName("LI");

    comitter, Dec 13, 2010
  5. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    Re: IE.6.0 doesn't show list menu,,,

    On 12 pro, 03:58, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > mogwaii wrote:
    >
    > > the link for listing menu ishttp://www.trnje.hr/

    > > the menu is on the left side of the table.

    > In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack for
    > support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define the
    > class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet.
    >
    > BTW there is no CSS property "horizontal-align"
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    I can't understand you, can you clarify a bit?

    this patch for IE6 wasn't even included/wasn't unlocked before two-
    three days ago.
    Now, look i have and older backuped version of this webpage from
    16.04.2010., and then this listing menu was great,fine, worked well.

    Wells fargo, i will now try to make an comparation but i am very
    doubtfull i will fin something in the very code...

    please if you have some criss-cross answer, let me know!

    mogwaii, Dec 13, 2010
  6. mogwaii

    On 13 pro, 04:24, mogwaii <> wrote:
    > On 12 pro, 03:58, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >

    > > mogwaii wrote:

    > > > the link for listing menu ishttp://www.trnje.hr/

    > > > the menu is on the left side of the table.

    > > In order for the JavaScript to work and compensate for IE6's lack for
    > > support for the :hover pseudo class on none links you have to define the
    > > class "shover" for each :hover pseudo class in your stylesheet.

    > > BTW there is no CSS property "horizontal-align"

    > > --
    > > Take care,

    > > Jonathan
    > > -------------------
    > > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    > I can't understand you, can you clarify a bit?
    >
    > this patch for IE6 wasn't even included/wasn't unlocked before two-
    > three days ago.
    > Now, look i have and older backuped version of this webpage from
    > 16.04.2010., and then this listing menu was great,fine, worked well.
    >
    > Wells fargo, i will now try to make an comparation but i am very
    > doubtfull i will fin something in the very code...
    >
    > please if you have some criss-cross  answer, let me know!- Sakrij citirani tekst -
    >
    > - Prika¾i citirani tekst -

    p.s. i now looked the code, and at 16.4.2010. that patch was under
    <!-- --> marks...
    and the code started with id and not as class ....so i'm still
    checking that...

    :)

    mogwaii, Dec 13, 2010
  7. mogwaii

    mogwaii Guest

    Re: IE.6.0 doesn't show list menu,,,

    Hey Jonathan,

    when hovering with mouse over the listing menu in older backup i don't
    have an issue, just there is no error showing.
    But in the present version when hovering with mouse over the listing
    menu i get an onmouse over "title" message in the bottom of screen
    "error on page" which is as you can see it on the whole page when
    mouse hovering.....

    so you're right, some error is present but where and what i do not
    have a clue, frankly. And i did removed the content and it's still
    present....
    some bug hidding its legs from me.

    mogwaii, Dec 13, 2010