IE 6, javascript:void(0) stops the webpage loading

jitendramr

Hi!
I m facing a problem with 'javascript:void(0)'

Software Environ:-
IE: 6.0.2600.0000
OS: Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4

Problem:-
I have a webpage with several links (<A> tags), now i have added
onClick and blocked HREF using 'javascript:void(0)' as below:-

onClick="some_function('pagename')">Text</a>

Here 'some_function' is opening the 'pagename' in a new customised
window.

This page also contains a few images weighing 50kb. Now if I click the
<a> links before the images are loaded fully, following happens (on my
pc it works well but it happens when i test it online):-

1. The new page opens in a window as required
2. But the page loading is ABORTED and the images are not loaded.

More:-
This is not happening in FF 1.0.7

Need Help!