IE 6, javascript:void(0) stops the webpage loading

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by jitendramr, Dec 29, 2005.

  1. jitendramr

    jitendramr Guest

    Hi!
    I m facing a problem with 'javascript:void(0)'

    Software Environ:-
    IE: 6.0.2600.0000
    OS: Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4

    Problem:-
    I have a webpage with several links (<A> tags), now i have added
    onClick and blocked HREF using 'javascript:void(0)' as below:-

    onClick="some_function('pagename')">Text</a>

    Here 'some_function' is opening the 'pagename' in a new customised
    window.

    This page also contains a few images weighing 50kb. Now if I click the
    <a> links before the images are loaded fully, following happens (on my
    pc it works well but it happens when i test it online):-

    1. The new page opens in a window as required
    2. But the page loading is ABORTED and the images are not loaded.

    More:-
    This is not happening in FF 1.0.7

    Need Help!
    jitendramr, Dec 29, 2005

  2. jitendramr wrote:

    > I m facing a problem with 'javascript:void(0)'

    A JavaScript which does ... nothing at all.

    > Problem:-
    > I have a webpage with several links (<A> tags), now i have added
    > onClick and blocked HREF using 'javascript:void(0)' as below:-

    > onClick="some_function('pagename')">Text</a>

    http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_24

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Dec 29, 2005