    said that, I dont see it in any other programme....

    Let me know what you think...

    Nicolaas
    windandwaves, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Hello,

    windandwaves wrote:
    > I just did a test run for IE 7.0 - nothing too special... It all seems
    > to be working pretty well, nice design. However, the fonts are
    > amazing.... That is really a huge change. It makes your PC look like a
    > MAC. The fonts are anti-aliased? This is really a design thing and
    > not a technical issue, so I am not sure if I should discuss here, but I
    > just wanted to express my excitement about this... Will my beloved FF
    > do the same thing? The crazy thing is that Outlook does the same thing
    > so it is really something that is deeply embedded in windows. Having
    > said that, I dont see it in any other programme....

    AFAIK this is ClearType which is enabled in IE7. It's also available for all
    other apps, but you'll have to enable it manually (don't ask me how, I'm a
    Linux user...).

    See also http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/03/03/543181.aspx (which I
    didn't read in detail).

    --
    Benjamin Niemann
    Email: pink at odahoda dot de
    Benjamin Niemann, Sep 15, 2006

  3. windandwaves

    rf Guest

    "windandwaves" <> wrote in message
    > Hey Folk
    >
    > I just did a test run for IE 7.0

    URL?
    rf, Sep 15, 2006
  4. windandwaves

    TC Guest

    Benjamin Niemann wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > windandwaves wrote:
    > > I just did a test run for IE 7.0 - nothing too special... It all seems
    > > to be working pretty well, nice design. However, the fonts are
    > > amazing.... That is really a huge change. It makes your PC look like a
    > > MAC. The fonts are anti-aliased? This is really a design thing and
    > > not a technical issue, so I am not sure if I should discuss here, but I
    > > just wanted to express my excitement about this... Will my beloved FF
    > > do the same thing? The crazy thing is that Outlook does the same thing
    > > so it is really something that is deeply embedded in windows. Having
    > > said that, I dont see it in any other programme....

    > AFAIK this is ClearType which is enabled in IE7. It's also available for all
    > other apps, but you'll have to enable it manually (don't ask me how, I'm a
    > Linux user...).

    It's not just IE. I enabled it on my XP SP2 laptop, and almost
    everything started using it.

    Display Properties : Appearance : Effects : Use the following method to
    smooth edges of screen fonts: "ClearType".

    HTH,
    TC (MVP MSAccess)
    http://tc2.atspace.com
    TC, Sep 15, 2006
  5. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    wow, interesting - thanks everyone for replying... That is superuseful
    - I SOOOO prefer these fonts.... They are indeed easier to read and
    they look less pixilated.

    Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Sep 18, 2006
  6. On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:40:23 -0700, "windandwaves" <>
    let this slip:

    > The fonts are anti-aliased?

    and I though everything was antialiased these days. But then, most is
    on linux ;)
    Thomas Jollans, Sep 19, 2006
  7. windandwaves

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Thomas Jollans wrote:
    > windandwaves let this slip:
    >
    >> The fonts are anti-aliased?

    > and I though everything was antialiased these days. But then, most is
    > on linux ;)

    Indeed. All my browsers have had anti-aliased text for years -- even Lynx.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Sep 20, 2006