IE 8 Table Row Anchor

BootNic

IE 8 seems to have an issue with table row anchors.

The way I usually reference a table row is to give the table row
an id, then link to it, vary basic stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/c94tha

I would expect that the page would jump to the table row. IE 8
just seems to ignore it.

The possible work arounds that I have come up with, at least to
me, are all just pure evil.

1. X-UA-Compatible header/meta

• This would be the easy thing to do, however it locks the
page view to IE 7.

2. Move the id to the first td

• Moving the id to the first td would allow the navigation to
work in IE 8, however it no longer is a referance to the
table row and could create other style issues.

3. Conditional comment

• Add an IE 8 conditional comment to the first td
<!--[if IE 8]><a name"a1"></a><![endif]--> This can be styled
to appear to jump to the table row, rather then the td. Position
relative to account for any border or padding.

4. javascript

• Briefly considers and rejected.

Comments, suggestions, other possibilities.

--
BootNic Sun Apr 5, 2009 01:48 pm
Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body

BootNic

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 05:09:47 +1000
[snip]

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this server.

I see, I have not cleaned up the auto deny rules for quite some
time. It is a wonder that anyone could connect.

Cleaned em up, should be ok.

--
BootNic Sun Apr 5, 2009 03:31 pm
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the