IE 8 Table Row Anchor

Discussion in 'HTML' started by BootNic, Apr 5, 2009.

  1. BootNic

    BootNic Guest

    IE 8 seems to have an issue with table row anchors.

    The way I usually reference a table row is to give the table row
    an id, then link to it, vary basic stuff.

    http://tinyurl.com/c94tha

    I would expect that the page would jump to the table row. IE 8
    just seems to ignore it.

    The possible work arounds that I have come up with, at least to
    me, are all just pure evil.

    1. X-UA-Compatible header/meta

    • This would be the easy thing to do, however it locks the
    page view to IE 7.

    2. Move the id to the first td

    • Moving the id to the first td would allow the navigation to
    work in IE 8, however it no longer is a referance to the
    table row and could create other style issues.

    3. Conditional comment

    • Add an IE 8 conditional comment to the first td
    <!--[if IE 8]><a name"a1"></a><![endif]--> This can be styled
    to appear to jump to the table row, rather then the td. Position
    relative to account for any border or padding.

    4. javascript

    • Briefly considers and rejected.

    Comments, suggestions, other possibilities.

    --
    BootNic Sun Apr 5, 2009 01:48 pm
    Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body

    BootNic, Apr 5, 2009

  2. BootNic

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    BootNic <> wrote:

    > IE 8 seems to have an issue with table row anchors.
    >
    > The way I usually reference a table row is to give the table row
    > an id, then link to it, vary basic stuff.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/c94tha

    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access this server.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 5, 2009

  3. BootNic

    BootNic Guest

    On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 05:09:47 +1000
    dorayme <> wrote in:
    <>

    > In article <>,
    > BootNic <> wrote:

    [snip]

    >> http://tinyurl.com/c94tha

    > Forbidden
    > You don't have permission to access this server.

    I see, I have not cleaned up the auto deny rules for quite some
    time. It is a wonder that anyone could connect.

    Cleaned em up, should be ok.

    --
    BootNic Sun Apr 5, 2009 03:31 pm
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the

    BootNic, Apr 5, 2009