IE and NN - Appearence Differs?

Guest

I am using VS.NET to design my web form.

<asp:button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 213px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 253px" runat="server" BackColor="White" BorderColor="White"
Text="Welcome" Font-Names="Arial" Font-Size="X-Small"
CssClass="style1"></asp:button>

The above code gives white background button in IE 6.0. But it is not giving
so in NN 7.1. I want the appearence to be same in both IE and NN. How to go
about it.

Thanks in advance.

Guest

Hi ChristManIn,
You use CSS. It will work good. Create a CSS class as shown below.

..style1 { FONT-SIZE: 12px; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #ffffff; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR:
#ffffff; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #ffffff; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR:
#ffffff; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #ffffff }

assign the above style to the button.

<asp:Button id="Button2" style="Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 311px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 255px" runat="server" Text="Button"
CssClass="style1"></asp:Button>

It works good on IE and NN.
Cheer up!!..

Regards,
John Paul. A

Guest

Chris,

DON'T user Gridlayout in your body tag if you want to support other browsers
other than IE. This is not supported. Use the FlowLayout instead. VS.NET
default is to use Gridlayout until you change it.

Guest

Dear Tampa .NET Koder,
I have tried this, but it is not displaying properly in NN 7.1. What to do?.
Your suggestions are most welcome.

Rgds,
John Paul. A