    TIA,
    Jeffrey
    , Oct 27, 2005

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On 26 Oct 2005 18:51:10 -0700, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >Checking my IE Internet Options/Advanced tab, can not see 'java jdk'
    >heading under the 'HTTP 1.1' heading. How do I enable the applet
    >viewer on IE?

    In Internet Explorer, go into Tools | Internet option | Advanced |
    Java(Sun). Make sure Sun Java is checked.
    In Internet Explorer, make sure all three boxes under Tools Internet
    option | Advanced | Microsoft VM are checked.

    Also check out control panel | java and poke around looking for
    anomalies.

    If all else fails, read http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jre.html#TESTING
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 27, 2005

    The big question is why my IE (XP Pro SP2) does not have Java(Sun)
    boxes or Microsoft VM box.

    Thanks,
    Jeffrey
    , Oct 27, 2005
  4. Mickey Segal Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > The big question is why my IE (XP Pro SP2) does not have Java(Sun)
    > boxes or Microsoft VM box.

    Neither is installed by default. The Sun JVM is at
    http://www.java.com/en/download/download_the_latest.jsp and although the
    Microsoft JVM is no longer available it is possible to find it on the Web
    (if you want an older JVM with faster GUI speed).
    Mickey Segal, Oct 28, 2005

    Thanks for the link to install the JRE.

    There are automated and manual downloads. The automated download can
    not start up. Both the online and offline installations for manual
    download can not complete the installation. The error message is:
    Error applying transform. Verify that the specified transform paths
    are valid.

    How do I verify the specified transform paths?

    TIA,
    Jeffrey
    , Oct 28, 2005
  6. Roedy Green Guest

    On 27 Oct 2005 07:02:56 -0700, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >The big question is why my IE (XP Pro SP2) does not have Java(Sun)
    >boxes or Microsoft VM box.

    The political reason is that Java represents a threat to MS monopoly.
    It allows programs written for Windows to run anywhere and vice versa.
    MS has worked hard to derail Java by means fair and foul.

    It breaks the MS lockin where windows programs only run on Windows.

    The practical reason is that you have not installed a Sun JVM yet. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
    Roedy Green, Oct 28, 2005