IE browser crash when loading applet of jdk1.5.0_09

Discussion in 'Java' started by emukang, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. emukang

    emukang Guest

    hello,

    I runned my web application on tomcat 5.0, and my jdk version is
    1.5.0_09. In my application, there are several tabs, one of them will
    load an applet.

    The problem is that: during the applet loading, if I switch to another
    tab in the application, then the IE browser will crash. But if I wait
    until the applet loading is finished, then change to another tab, then
    the crash problem will not happen.

    This problem does not occur when I use the jdk 1.4.

    So my question is: is it a bug of jdk1.5, or a bug of my applet? Please
    tell me how to solve it.

    Thank you.

    emukang, Oct 24, 2006

  2. emukang wrote:
    > I runned my web application on tomcat 5.0, and my jdk version is
    > 1.5.0_09. In my application,

    The 'application' being what exactly? IE? the web-application?

    >...there are several tabs,

    Tabs?

    >....one of them will
    > load an applet.

    In the 'tab'? If so, what exactly are you talking about?

    Do you have an URL for us?
    Does the same applet crash applet viewer? FireFox?

    > The problem is that: during the applet loading, if I switch to another
    > tab in the application, then the IE browser will crash.

    <DWS>
    What did MicroSoft have to say about that?
    </DWS>

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 24, 2006