IE browser crash when loading applet of jdk1.5.0_09

emukang

hello,

I runned my web application on tomcat 5.0, and my jdk version is
1.5.0_09. In my application, there are several tabs, one of them will
load an applet.

The problem is that: during the applet loading, if I switch to another
tab in the application, then the IE browser will crash. But if I wait
until the applet loading is finished, then change to another tab, then
the crash problem will not happen.

This problem does not occur when I use the jdk 1.4.

So my question is: is it a bug of jdk1.5, or a bug of my applet? Please
tell me how to solve it.

Thank you.

Andrew Thompson

emukang wrote:
I runned my web application on tomcat 5.0, and my jdk version is
1.5.0_09. In my application,

The 'application' being what exactly? IE? the web-application?
...there are several tabs,
Tabs?

....one of them will
load an applet.

In the 'tab'? If so, what exactly are you talking about?

Do you have an URL for us?
Does the same applet crash applet viewer? FireFox?
The problem is that: during the applet loading, if I switch to another
tab in the application, then the IE browser will crash.

<DWS>
What did MicroSoft have to say about that?
</DWS>

Andrew T.