IE Client Side Control Security

Matt

I have an intranet asp.net application that I am hosting a windows control
in. The control is referenced using the <object> tag in the html. The
control interfaces with a usb i/o device on the client machine. I am
getting a runtime security exception when running the page - IE doesn't show
the control at all. I turned on IE debug logging for .net and here is the
exception (note, this is all running locally on my machine).

Microsoft.IE.SecureFactory: Trying to create instance of type <url for
control>
Microsoft.IE.SecureFactory: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file
or assembly '<assembly strong name>' or one of its dependencies. Failed to
grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)

re=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2e437d33ac30a233' or one of its dependencies.
Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80131417)
File name: '<assembly strong name>' --->
System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be
acquired.
at System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence,
PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset,
PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission)
at System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence,
PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset,
PermissionSet& denied, Int32& securitySpecialFlags, Boolean
checkExecutionPermission)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile,
Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm
hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence
securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm)
at System.Activator.CreateComInstanceFrom(String assemblyName, String
typeName, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm)
at System.AppDomain.CreateComInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String
typeName, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm)
at System.AppDomain.CreateComInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String
typeName, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm)
at Microsoft.IE.SecureFactory.CreateInstanceWithSecurity(Int32 dwFlag,
Int32 dwZone, String pURL, String uniqueIdString, String link, String
licenses)

In the .net config mmc, under Machine/Code Groups/All_Code i created an
entry called localhost, uisng url condition of
http://localhost/MyTestSite/*, and set the permission set to full trust. I
also have this website set as a local intranet site in internet explorer and
have basically set all the security for that zone to allow all types of
scripts and controls.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Matt