IE clipping rectangle differently than Mozilla

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by tshad, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I am using a slidemenu program that I download and seem to have a problem
    with IE when sliding down.

    I have 2 containers (div) on top of each other and the menu slides out from
    behind the other. The problem is that in IE the position is completely
    different from Mozilla.

    I have a sample program in
    http://www.payrollworkshop.com/samples/slideDemo.htm.

    If you run the program in IE and Mozilla, it is apparent what the problem
    is. IE puts the menu way over to the right from where Mozilla puts it and
    it cuts off the right half of the menu (clips it).

    The program is using the following to define the 2 containers.

    #menu1Container { visibility:hidden; left:470px; top:12px; overflow:hidden;
    z-index:10000; }#menu1Container,
    #menu1Content { position:absolute; width:190px; height:300px; clip:rect(0px
    190px 300px 0px); }

    I realize that there is more to the objects, but is there anything apparent
    that IE would handle differently than Mozilla?

    What would cause IE to put the containers way over to the left from Mozilla
    and why would it clip the right half of the the rectangle?

    Thanks

    Tom
    tshad, Mar 24, 2005

  2. tshad

    Guest

    > The program is using the following to define the 2 containers.
    >
    > #menu1Container { visibility:hidden; left:470px; top:12px;

    overflow:hidden;
    > z-index:10000; }#menu1Container,
    > #menu1Content { position:absolute; width:190px; height:300px;

    clip:rect(0px
    > 190px 300px 0px); }
    >
    > I realize that there is more to the objects, but is there anything

    apparent
    > that IE would handle differently than Mozilla?

    In mozilla, clip should be specified as rect(top, left, bottom, right),
    where right and bottom are the distances from the left and upper edges.

    also you should specify the unit in mozilla (px) unlike IE which can
    live without it.

    thanks

    anand
    , Mar 24, 2005