IE document.URL broken - know of a fix?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I'm using the following script:

    <!--
    passpage = document.URL;
    if (top.location == self.location) top.location.href="frameMaster.html?"
    + passpage;
    // -->

    For purposes of this post, you can shorten it to:

    <!--
    passpage = document.URL;
    // -->

    This is used for viewing files on the hard drive, so the first part of the
    'passpage' should be something like: "file:///D:/"... FireFox works
    correctly, and older versions of IE worked, but not the current 6.0 version
    I'm using. It only returns two '/' after the 'file:' portion (ie -
    "file://D:/"...). You can't open a page based upon that URL. Anyone seen
    a fix for this, or do I have to roll my own?

    Thanks,
    David

    David, Dec 3, 2005