IE document.URL broken - know of a fix?

David

I'm using the following script:

<!--
passpage = document.URL;
if (top.location == self.location) top.location.href="frameMaster.html?"
+ passpage;
// -->

For purposes of this post, you can shorten it to:

<!--
passpage = document.URL;
// -->

This is used for viewing files on the hard drive, so the first part of the
'passpage' should be something like: "file:///D:/"... FireFox works
correctly, and older versions of IE worked, but not the current 6.0 version
I'm using. It only returns two '/' after the 'file:' portion (ie -
"file://D:/"...). You can't open a page based upon that URL. Anyone seen
a fix for this, or do I have to roll my own?

Thanks,
David