IE doesnt hide status bar on window.open "status=no"

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Ronen Yacov, Nov 5, 2007.

  1. Ronen Yacov

    Ronen Yacov Guest

    Hi There,
    I've using IE 7.0.5730.11 on Windows XP.
    I want to open a pop up using javascript without showing the status
    bar, and to do so I use the function:

    function openwindow()
    {
    window.open("http://www.javascript-
    coder.com","mywindow","menubar=1,resizable=1,status=no,width=350,height=250");
    }

    which was taken from an example.

    When activating the function IE opens the pop-up but still shows the
    status bar.
    Anyone has any idea whats wrong here? How can I hide the status bar?

    Thanks,
    Ron
    Ronen Yacov, Nov 5, 2007

  2. On Nov 5, 9:18 am, Ronen Yacov <> wrote:
    > I've using IE 7.0.5730.11 on Windows XP.
    > I want to open a pop up using javascript without showing the status
    > bar

    If I remember correctly, the ability of authors to disable the status
    bar was removed as an anti-pishing measure.

    --
    David Dorward
    http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Nov 5, 2007