Ie font messed up after using s .css file in my asp.net app.

Jensen bredal

Hello,
I have used a style sheet for my developement machine and now , lots of the
internet pages i visit on my computer are showed according to my
stylesheet.

How can this happen? How to solve the problem so only my application uses
the style sheet and not the other sites that i visit.

many thanks in advance

JB

Chris Hayes

Hello Jensen,

I'm not quite sure what may have caused this... but perhaps you should try
this as a starting point: in Internet Explorer go under the Tools menu,
select Internet Options and under the General Tab in the section called
"Temporary Internet Files" click the Delete Files button, this should clear
you cache (depending upon how much space is allocated to Temporary Internet
Files this can take a few minutes (I set my to about 50MB).

I'll keep looking into what may have caused this...but right I'm at a
loss...

Chris

Chris Hayes

Ah!!!

I think I found it...

Under the Tools menu option, Internet Options in the General Tab, click the
Accessibility button. In the screen that pops up you will see a section
called User Style Sheet. If the checkbox for "Format documents using my
style sheet" is checked and the textbox beneath it has a file specified, I
bet that's your problem. Uncheck the checkbox "Format documents using my
style sheet" and see if that fixes it.

I didn't realize that option was even there... I learn something new
everyday.

Chris

Jensen bredal

Great finding. I did not know that neither. The problem is that they are not
checked. None of the
options there is selected. And any of them was , the
That would mean someone/something had managed to run some IE script on my
system.

Maybe VS.net is the big bad one. anyway , i still have no idea how to
restore my system to
a normal state.

Many thanks