IE freeze/page will not load after code is run

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by alphanode, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. alphanode

    alphanode Guest

    When starting up my computer, I am able to open Internet Explorer
    windows and have them load without a problem, however once I open and
    run a .net project I am working on, this causes any new IE windows I
    open to freeze and not load. This includes trying to open up control
    panel or file explorer; however, the IE windows that I have opened
    before I ran the code will still work (I can still browse using them).
    I am working on this project with a co-worker and he is having the same
    problem (our computers are identical, so it's no surprise). Recently I
    was able to find a temporary solution by ending the aspnet_wp.exe
    process after running the code. This process usually is taking up
    about 30 MB of memory. After ending the process, it starts back up but
    at a much smaller size (3 - 18 MB) after which I can open new IE
    windows without a problem. This is the only project I am working on at
    the time, so I'm not sure if this is a code issue and there is
    something not being cleaned up, or if this is a general bug.

    Any ideas, suggestions, or confirmation of others having the same
    problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    alphanode, Mar 30, 2005

  2. alphanode

    G.Strand Guest

    I have the exact problem as you, have you found a solution to this
    problem yet? I'm running .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows 2000 with
    SP4.

    G.Strand, Apr 25, 2005