IE hosted winform control not fully working

Guest

Hi,
I've got a winform control that is using Twain and which works fine in a
windows application.

I am now trying to get this hosted and running in IE6 for our intranet app
but am running into problems. Basically, the control works in so far as it
can communicate with the scanner and detects when it is switched on/off and
connected/disconnected and I can interrogate and set the capabilities of the
scanner as well.

When I debug the control in IE, it appears to initiate the scan sequence and
runs through to the point where it should then pass control to the
PreFilterMessage (it implements IMessageFilter.PreFilterMessage) which then
should pass control to the scanner and return the image.

Unfortunately, at this point it just finishes and returns control back to
the app. No exceptions are thrown.

The only hint that something is wrong is when I check the event log and see
that the aspnet_wp.exe process has stopped unexpectedly, but this gives me no
further clue as to where the problem lies.

As the control works perfectly in the windows app, I assume it has something
to do with the messaging system but am not sure how to go about tracking the
problem down and resolving it.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Terry.
BTW, the assembly has been strong named and granted full trust.