IE Invalid Argument... sometimes

andrewferk

The following code is stored inside a div element.

Movable.prototype.moveTimer = function() {
this.style.left = (this.offsetLeft - (this.posX - this.newX)) + "px";
this.style.top = (this.offsetTop - (this.posY - this.newY)) + "px";
this.posX = this.newX;
this.posY = this.newY;
}

every 40 ms it is called by a timer.

var self = this;
this.timer = setInterval(function(){self.moveTimer()},40);

It works all the time in Firefox. Sometimes in IE it says it gets an
invalid argument here:

-->|this.style.left = (this.offsetLeft - (this.posX - this.newX)) +
"px";

The code moves the div element with a mouse click and drag. After I
get the error I can try to drag it again and it will drag. Sometimes
it will not get the error. So it's like... random?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

The following code is stored inside a div element.

Movable.prototype.moveTimer = function() {
this.style.left = (this.offsetLeft - (this.posX - this.newX)) + "px";
this.style.top = (this.offsetTop - (this.posY - this.newY)) + "px";
this.posX = this.newX;
this.posY = this.newY;
}

every 40 ms it is called by a timer.

var self = this;
this.timer = setInterval(function(){self.moveTimer()},40);

It works all the time in Firefox. Sometimes in IE it says it gets an
invalid argument here:

-->|this.style.left = (this.offsetLeft - (this.posX - this.newX)) +
"px";

The code moves the div element with a mouse click and drag. After I
get the error I can try to drag it again and it will drag. Sometimes
it will not get the error. So it's like... random?

Welcome to MSHTML. That said, you should not augment host objects; if you
have the need to do that, use a wrapper object instead.

PointedEars