IE Modaldialog / winXP-SP2 trouble

Yereth

Hi all,

I'm having a rather troublesome issue. I'm writing a webapplication and
I use the modaldialog of IE (it is not a public website, so that's ok)
to show dialog windows as if it were a normal application. However,
with the coming of winXP-SP2, M$ made an ad-hoc security fix as to
disable the possibility of hiding the statusbar, instead of just
finding another solution (which I can think of easily).

Now how does this become a problem? I have to resize the window to a
certain height (I didn't find any way to let IE do this automatically
by calculating the *body* height) and I do this (I have tried every
alternative..(?)) in the following way:

---
---

---
function resize() {
var height = document.body.clientHeight + 25;
window.dialogHeight = height + "px";
}
---

Now, obviously this '+ 25' is to somehow get around IE not being able
to set the *internal* dialogHeight but only the external dialogHeight
to resize the window. Hurray, because I don't know how to find out what
size the window is in its actuality, and if the statusbar *is* showing,
of which I told the browser not to do it (using an IE method, very
interesting), there is no way to find out for as far as I know. Not
without avoiding dirty tricks. I just want to set the window so that my
content has exactly the size it needs, not less and not more.

IS there anyone who can help me out with this one? The best thing would
be to be able to hide the statusbar anyway, because we don't need it,
it's an application and not really a worldwide-accessable website.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Yereth