IE on attribute selectors

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Nov 12, 2004.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I am trying to set my input text elements to look the same.

    I tried using the following:

    input {
    font-size: 10px;
    text-decoration: none;
    border: 1px solid #999999;
    }

    But it changed the buttons to rectangles instead of the nice curved buttons.

    I then tried:

    input[type="text"] {
    font-size: 10px;
    text-decoration: none;
    border: 1px solid #999999;
    }

    This works fine in Netscape and Mozilla, but not in IE.

    In IE, I have to set up a class selector and attach it to each text box to
    solve the problem.

    Is there a way to set up the CSS file to separate different types of inputs
    in IE as Netscape and Mozilla do?

    Thanks,

    Tom.
    tshad, Nov 12, 2004

  2. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "tshad" <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set my input text elements to look the same.
    >
    > I tried using the following:
    >
    > input {
    > font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    > font-size: 10px;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > border: 1px solid #999999;
    > }
    >
    > But it changed the buttons to rectangles instead of the nice curved
    > buttons.
    >
    > I then tried:
    >
    > input[type="text"] {
    > font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    > font-size: 10px;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > border: 1px solid #999999;
    > }

    I also tried to do :

    input {
    font-size: 10px;
    text-decoration: none;
    border: 1px solid #999999;
    }
    input.submit {
    font-size: 10px;
    text-decoration: none;
    border: none none none;
    }

    Setting the class="submit" on the button. This doesn't work, either. If I
    take the border out of the input.submit style, it still doesn't work.

    Tom

    tshad, Nov 12, 2004