IE on MAC

Tom

Is it worthwhile to get browser compatibility on ie for mac

I am mucking about with a site that looks good (to my mind) on mozilla
firefox netscape, safari IE 6 etc,. but like a dogs breakfast on IE for mac

I would love to here views

Roy Schestowitz

Tom said:
Is it worthwhile to get browser compatibility on ie for mac

I am mucking about with a site that looks good (to my mind) on mozilla
firefox netscape, safari IE 6 etc,. but like a dogs breakfast on IE for
mac

I would love to here views

I can have a look from IE5 on Mac OS9 if you like. In any case, I will be
doing this for somebody else this morning ... what's the URI?

Roy

Christopher Richards

Roy Schestowitz said:
I can have a look from IE5 on Mac OS9 if you like. In any case, I will be
doing this for somebody else this morning ... what's the URI?

Roy

And it will be much appreciated.
Christopher

Roy Schestowitz

Christopher said:
And it will be much appreciated.
Christopher

And I now know how to capture screenshots under OS 9...

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Courses/cs211/2000SP/misc/screenshots.html

[Snip]

* Save a picture of the ENTIRE screen to a file
1. Press Command+Shift+3

* Save a picture of a rectangular region of the screen to a file
1. Press Command+Shift+4
2. Drag mouse across the part of the screen you want to capture.

* Save a picture of a specific window to a file
1. Press Command+Shift+4+CapsLock
2. Click the window you want to capture.

To copy a section the Clipboard instead of saving it as a file, press the
Control key as you select what you would like to capture.

[/Snip]

Christopher Richards

Okay, all done. See picture [1..6] at:
Roy,
Tried downloading and renaming to popular graphic file extensions. Please
update the link. Thanks
Christopher

Roy Schestowitz

Christopher said:
Okay, all done. See picture [1..6] at:
Roy,
Tried downloading and renaming to popular graphic file extensions. Please
update the link. Thanks
Christopher

It was a Mac-specific format that's difficult to change (I tried).
SimpleText could open it initially. I have just tried Open Office and it
seems to open it albeit in rather low quality. If you want me to comment on
the sites verbally, let me know.

Roy

Christopher Richards

Roy Schestowitz said:
Christopher said:
Okay, all done. See picture [1..6] at:
Roy,
Tried downloading and renaming to popular graphic file extensions. Please
update the link. Thanks
Christopher

It was a Mac-specific format that's difficult to change (I tried).
SimpleText could open it initially. I have just tried Open Office and it
seems to open it albeit in rather low quality. If you want me to comment
on
the sites verbally, let me know.

Roy

Yes please do because I can't open those files. Thanks by the way.

Roy Schestowitz

Christopher said:
Roy Schestowitz said:
Christopher said:
Okay, all done. See picture [1..6] at:
Roy,
Tried downloading and renaming to popular graphic file extensions.
Please update the link. Thanks
Christopher

It was a Mac-specific format that's difficult to change (I tried).
SimpleText could open it initially. I have just tried Open Office and it
seems to open it albeit in rather low quality. If you want me to comment
on
the sites verbally, let me know.

Roy

Yes please do because I can't open those files. Thanks by the way.

I have just checked these one by one. Web video looks all okay. Haven't done
any comparison against Firefox, but it looks 'correct'. Same with LifeLine.
Same with the third site. They are all based on similar 'templates' so I
can see consistency in the appearance, which seems rather pleasant to the
visitor. I hope it takes all worries away.

Get OpenOffice.org (also AppleWorks would be suitable) because the only
person to judge this properly is yourself.

HTH
Roy

Toby Inkster

Roy said:
It was a Mac-specific format that's difficult to change (I tried).

They are in PICT format. ImageMagick can read and write PICT format, and
can be used to convert it into virtually any other format you like.

dorayme

From: Roy Schestowitz <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:49:08 +0000
Subject: Re: IE on MAC

See picture [1..6] at:

http://schestowitz.com/temp

in IE on a Mac running 9.1 I get an index at this address, the pics from 1
to 6 are of an unknown type and cannot be opened, they display an icon in
the index with a ? How have you prepared these pics, they have no ext in
their names?

dorayme

Roy Schestowitz

From: Roy Schestowitz <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:49:08 +0000

See picture [1..6] at:

http://schestowitz.com/temp

in IE on a Mac running 9.1 I get an index at this address, the pics from 1
to 6 are of an unknown type and cannot be opened, they display an icon in
the index with a ? How have you prepared these pics, they have no ext in
their names?

dorayme

Richard had a hard time opening them as well (I think he ultimately gave
up). They were in the default format for Mac OS9 screenshots and could only
be opened by simpletext once saved locally. I then found out that they can
also be opened under OpenOffice.org.

Roy

dorayme

From: Roy Schestowitz <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 03:48:48 +0000
From: Roy Schestowitz <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:49:08 +0000

See picture [1..6] at:

http://schestowitz.com/temp

in IE on a Mac running 9.1 I get an index at this address, the pics from 1
to 6 are of an unknown type and cannot be opened, they display an icon in
the index with a ? How have you prepared these pics, they have no ext in
their names?

dorayme

Richard had a hard time opening them as well (I think he ultimately gave
up). They were in the default format for Mac OS9 screenshots and could only
be opened by simpletext once saved locally. I then found out that they can
also be opened under OpenOffice.org.

Roy

The default is a "pict" file on macs for any OS <10 and has been for a long
time. To post on the web, you change these to jpgs or gifs (or even png for
some reason). You need an image editor like Photoshop to convert them. But I
forget what is going on here and your purpose...

dorayme