IE peekaboo?

Jonathan N. Little

BootNic said:
See if setting line-height will make it behave.

body {
line-height:1.3;
}

Really? I just added it but the bug seem OS specific to XP and I cannot
test here.

http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/l2340/
Yankee Pug Dog Club - 2007 Fund Raiser

and how about my original with the line-height added?

http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/l2340/old.php
Yankee Pug Dog Club - 2007 Fund Raiser

I appreciate the tip if this works...I think of the time wasted chasing
IE bugs.

BootNic

Jonathan N. Little said:
[email protected]
BootNic wrote: [snip]
Really? I just added it but the bug seem OS specific to XP and I
cannot test here.

http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/l2340/
Yankee Pug Dog Club - 2007 Fund Raiser

littleworksstudio.avi 1.75MB 1280 X 800

http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=files/090307/1173419931/ littleworksstudio.avi

http://home.earthlink.net/~bootnic/avi/
and how about my original with the line-height added?

http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/l2340/old.php
Yankee Pug Dog Club - 2007 Fund Raiser

littleworksstudioOld.avi 1.59MB 1280 X 800

http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=files/090307/1173420184/ littleworksstudioOld.avi

http://home.earthlink.net/~bootnic/avi/
I appreciate the tip if this works...I think of the time wasted
chasing IE bugs.

Both work well on this winxp IE6.

Perhaps some others will test it as well.

Best I can do is the above Divx avi files.

--
BootNic Friday, March 09, 2007 1:27 AM

The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a
strange protein; it rejects it.
*P. B. Medawar*

Els

Jonathan said:
*!@#%$#@!#!!* Damn! I did that and even gave the Ps a class and set css as

#innerWrapper P.ie and it appears to be a (IE6 on WinXP) error seems to
works on IE6 when on other versions of Windows. Had a friend with WinXP
check it out and she says the text is then for a second than disappears!

No problem in my standalone version of IE6, so I can't really test any
solutions either. Checking out your code though, I'd see what happens
if you take off the clear:both from the HR.pageEnd.
Most peek-a-boos occur with a combination of clears and floats,
especially when they touch.

For this layout, I would have written the HTML something like this:
http://locusmeus.com/temp/pugdog.html

Added the #inbetweenWrapper because it makes the floats behave better
cross browser (one of those things I still use after having had
problems in the past, only I don't remember which browsers caused the
problems).

Added the #content to get the text away from the clearing element at
the bottom of it.

If this all works to get rid of the probs on your client's IE6,
there's an added bonus: the <em> element can be Italic without causing
problems in my IE7. You'll have to check IE6 for this though, could be
different for that one.

Jonathan N. Little

Both work well on this winxp IE6.

Perhaps some others will test it as well.

Best I can do is the above Divx avi files.

browsershots.org now confirms it is fixed, the line-height did the
trick! How totally incomprehensible that browser is! Thanks for your help!

Jonathan N. Little

Els said:
For this layout, I would have written the HTML something like this:
http://locusmeus.com/temp/pugdog.html

Added the #inbetweenWrapper because it makes the floats behave better
cross browser (one of those things I still use after having had
problems in the past, only I don't remember which browsers caused the
problems).

Added the #content to get the text away from the clearing element at
the bottom of it.

If this all works to get rid of the probs on your client's IE6,
there's an added bonus: the <em> element can be Italic without causing
problems in my IE7. You'll have to check IE6 for this though, could be
different for that one.

Thanks for your help Els, but BootNic seemed to have the fix, simply
needed to add line-height value to the BODY! Why, I haven't a clue! So
strange how focused this bug is... only IE6 on XP, but I must assume you
have XP if you have IE7, so EI7 must change something so having IE6 is
not the same. IE6 on any other version of Windows did not show this
problem nor any other version of IE! But then again because IE is now
really an OS component and MS model of shared DLLs anything is possible!

Els

Jonathan said:
Thanks for your help Els, but BootNic seemed to have the fix, simply
needed to add line-height value to the BODY!

Yup, I noticed that - I had to leave that in in my own version too,
even though I've never had to use that hack before.
Why, I haven't a clue! So
strange how focused this bug is... only IE6 on XP, but I must assume you
have XP if you have IE7, so EI7 must change something so having IE6 is
not the same.

IE6 and 7 can only run together if one of them is standalone, and I've
seen bugs before that happen only in the standalone version, while
other bugs 'prefer' the regular one.
IE6 on any other version of Windows did not show this
problem nor any other version of IE! But then again because IE is now
really an OS component and MS model of shared DLLs anything is possible!

That about sums it up, yes :)