IE printing preferences

Guest

Hi,

Can I set up Internet Explorer printing preferences programmatically?
I need to get rid of header and footer.
I know I can change the printing settings manually, but this would not be
user friendly.

I am controlling the printing layout using CSS, but I could not find
anything for specifying header/footer preferences.

Any hint would be really appreciated,
Thank you,
Greg

Stefano

"Greg" ha scritto

Hi Greg
Can I set up Internet Explorer printing preferences programmatically?
I need to get rid of header and footer.
I know I can change the printing settings manually, but this would not be
user friendly.

Not sure that this is the good place for this question...
Anyway, I'll try to answer...
I am controlling the printing layout using CSS, but I could not find
anything for specifying header/footer preferences.

I suppose that you're using CSS "media" attribute
(http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_mediatypes.asp)

If so, I think you could set the header and footer DIV as hidden in the
printing CSS.
Any hint would be really appreciated,

HTH

Bye