    I know, it has something to do with the AlphaLoader-Filter, but i was not
    able to implement it the right way.

    Susanne

    Susanne, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Susanne

    rf Guest

    Susanne wrote

    > I have got the well known problem with the internet explorer and

    transparent
    > pngs (where it should be transparent it is coloured grey). I found some
    > solutions on the web, but somehow, they did not work for me.

    AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.

    > I have got a table with three coloums. The coloumn looks this way:

    What if my screen is only 800 pixels wide?

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Susanne

    Susanne Guest

    > AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.
    IE does support transparency in PNGs, there is a workaround on
    microstoft.com, but it doesn't work for me.

    Susanne, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Susanne

    Spartanicus Guest

    "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote:

    >AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.

    It supports transparency in palette based PNG's, alpha transparency
    isn't supported (24 bit PNG transparency).

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jul 24, 2004
  5. Hello Susanne,

    I'm not sure if this will help or not, but to display a PNG, this is what I
    use:

    style="height:98px;width:174px;position:static;filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='images/DAoC_Logo.png',
    sizingMethod='scale');"></div>

    The PNG height and width is entered in the style information. I have
    different images being displayed in a table and I just use the div's as
    containers. Not sure how that's going to work since you're using a PNG as a
    table background image.

    --Tim

    Tim Fitzgerald, Jul 24, 2004
  6. rf wrote:
    > Susanne wrote
    >

    >>I have got the well known problem with the internet explorer and

    > transparent
    >
    >>pngs (where it should be transparent it is coloured grey). I found some
    >>solutions on the web, but somehow, they did not work for me.

    > AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.
    >

    >>I have got a table with three coloums. The coloumn looks this way:

    > What if my screen is only 800 pixels wide?

    Then you got a horizontal scrollbar ;-)
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart

    Edwin van der Vaart, Jul 24, 2004
  7. Susanne

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Spartanicus wrote:

    > "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.

    > It supports transparency in palette based PNG's, alpha transparency
    > isn't supported (24 bit PNG transparency).

    There is an ActiveX filter that can be used as a hack though.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jul 25, 2004
  8. Susanne

    Susanne Guest

    Thank you very, very much. Your solution works fine for me.

    greetz,

    Susanne

    Susanne, Jul 25, 2004
  9. Hi Susanne,