ie problem with transparent png

Susanne

I have got the well known problem with the internet explorer and transparent
pngs (where it should be transparent it is coloured grey). I found some
solutions on the web, but somehow, they did not work for me.

I have got a table with three coloums. The coloumn looks this way:

Now i need a workaround, how to fix the problem with the internet explorer.
I know, it has something to do with the AlphaLoader-Filter, but i was not
able to implement it the right way.

Susanne

rf

Susanne wrote
I have got the well known problem with the internet explorer and transparent
pngs (where it should be transparent it is coloured grey). I found some
solutions on the web, but somehow, they did not work for me.

AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.
I have got a table with three coloums. The coloumn looks this way:

What if my screen is only 800 pixels wide?

Susanne

AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.
IE does support transparency in PNGs, there is a workaround on
microstoft.com, but it doesn't work for me.
What if my screen is only 800 pixels wide?

Cheers,

Susanne

Spartanicus

rf said:
AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.

It supports transparency in palette based PNG's, alpha transparency
isn't supported (24 bit PNG transparency).

Tim Fitzgerald

Hello Susanne,

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but to display a PNG, this is what I
use:

style="height:98px;width:174px;position:static;filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='images/DAoC_Logo.png',
sizingMethod='scale');"></div>

The PNG height and width is entered in the style information. I have
different images being displayed in a table and I just use the div's as
containers. Not sure how that's going to work since you're using a PNG as a
table background image.

--Tim

Edwin van der Vaart

rf said:
Susanne wrote

AFAIK IE does not support transparency in PNGs.

What if my screen is only 800 pixels wide?

Then you got a horizontal scrollbar ;-)

Toby Inkster

Spartanicus said:
It supports transparency in palette based PNG's, alpha transparency
isn't supported (24 bit PNG transparency).

There is an ActiveX filter that can be used as a hack though.