IE produces 404 Error when calling ASP page, but only on some machines...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Andreas.Bretl, May 18, 2004.

  1. Hi all,
    We are currently facing a strange problem.
    We wrote an ASP application using some sessions and database-connectivity,
    nothing special.

    On some machines (we are all using IE5.5 / IE6) those applications produce a
    404 error.

    The pages that are called do exist (I checked it thousands of times and it
    is only happens on some machines).
    Most of the machines have no problem with that pages and do not produce any
    errors which makes me belive that it is no real programmed problem.

    The strange thing is that a reinstallation of IE mostly helped and if not we
    reinstalled the complete computer (as you can guess this is no real suitable
    way ;))

    Maybe it has something to do with the sessions we use, but they are not so
    big.

    I hope (not for the one who really has) that somebody has also experienced
    this kind of problem and can point me into the right direction.

    I also tried different IE newsgroups but they had no idea, that's why I now
    try to ask ASP-programmers.

    Any help or ideas are kindly appreciated

    Thanks in advance

    Andreas Bretl

    Andreas.Bretl, May 18, 2004