IE Script Warning from Local Drive

Saml

When opened in IE 6.0 SP2 from my local hard drive, the simple javascript
below gives me a warning

"To help protect your security, Internet Explored has restricted this file
from showing active content that could access your computer."

But it gives no warning when opened from
http://home.comcast.net/~lennsam_va/test1.htm and this is what I expect,
since I'm not trying to block scripting.

I can't seem to find any IE setting that will stop the warning message when
opening from my local drive. I can right click and allow blocked content,
but it annoys me when testing stuff locally.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Sam

<head>
<title>New Page 1</title>
</head>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
document.write("Hello, world!")
-->
</script>

Randy Webb

Saml said the following on 3/24/2006 10:05 PM:
When opened in IE 6.0 SP2 from my local hard drive, the simple javascript
below gives me a warning

"To help protect your security, Internet Explored has restricted this file
from showing active content that could access your computer."

But it gives no warning when opened from
http://home.comcast.net/~lennsam_va/test1.htm and this is what I expect,
since I'm not trying to block scripting.

I can't seem to find any IE setting that will stop the warning message when
opening from my local drive. I can right click and allow blocked content,
but it annoys me when testing stuff locally.

What am I missing?

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced Tab
Security section> Allow Active Content...

Saml

--
Randy
Javascript Best Practices -

Thab ks! This it: Allow active content to run in file on My Computer.

Not sure how I missed this. And I'd have thought that this was a minor
security issue. Is there something else that this open up that Microsoft
isn't spelling out? There's no help info in this section.

Sam

Randy Webb

Saml said the following on 3/25/2006 10:57 AM:
I'm not trying to block scripting.

Thab ks! This it: Allow active content to run in file on My Computer.

Not sure how I missed this. And I'd have thought that this was a minor
security issue. Is there something else that this open up that Microsoft
isn't spelling out? There's no help info in this section.

The security issue was ActiveX for the most part and instead of
admitting that ActiveX had a flaw and allowing you to disable it
locally, MS took the step of branding all scripts a security issue and
giving the warnings you get. Its a case of MS not admitting the truth.