IE scrollbar pushing my content around! :O

Boonish

I have a page design that uses a short, wide background image with an
800px wide "stage" with some decoration on either side. This is
repeated on the Y axis, with the content of the page placed into a
centered 800px wide div and everything looks great on Safari & Firefox
(both IE & Mac).

However when displayed in IE, the appearance of the scroolbar pushed
the <div> and content inside to the left a bit, preventing it from
aligning with the tiling background image.

Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Thanks.