IE "steals" drag and drop to user control (dup of .general)

Robert Zahm

I have created a C# user control which display certain filesystem
information, and allows the user to drag an drop files into and out of the
control. I then placed this user form in IE using an <object> tag.

Doing this has broken the drag and drop functionality from Windows Explorer
into IE (it still works fine going from IE to Windows Explorer). The
problem is that whenever I drag a file over IE, IE wants to implement the
drop function, and it never gets to my user control DragOver or DragDrop
functions.

I have tried disabling drag and drop in the IE security settings, but this
didn't appear to have any affect.

Does anybody know if I can override or disable the native IE drag and drop
functionality, or otherwise force it to use the control's drag and drop
functions?

Thanks,

Rob

Robert Zahm

I thought I would post the result here in case anyone else runs into this.

It was the simplest of solutions, I was using a "second" user control that I
had made, and I had forgotten to set the "AllowDrop" property on the
treeview.