IE "steals" drag and drop to user control (dup of .general)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Robert Zahm, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. Robert Zahm

    Robert Zahm Guest

    I have created a C# user control which display certain filesystem
    information, and allows the user to drag an drop files into and out of the
    control. I then placed this user form in IE using an <object> tag.

    Doing this has broken the drag and drop functionality from Windows Explorer
    into IE (it still works fine going from IE to Windows Explorer). The
    problem is that whenever I drag a file over IE, IE wants to implement the
    drop function, and it never gets to my user control DragOver or DragDrop
    functions.

    I have tried disabling drag and drop in the IE security settings, but this
    didn't appear to have any affect.

    Does anybody know if I can override or disable the native IE drag and drop
    functionality, or otherwise force it to use the control's drag and drop
    functions?

    Thanks,

    Rob
    Robert Zahm, Jun 6, 2006

  2. Robert Zahm

    Robert Zahm Guest

    I thought I would post the result here in case anyone else runs into this.

    It was the simplest of solutions, I was using a "second" user control that I
    had made, and I had forgotten to set the "AllowDrop" property on the
    treeview.

    Robert Zahm, Jun 7, 2006