IE treats XML as plain text

JulioHM

My Internet Explorer stopped treating XML files as (well) XML. Any XML
is opened as a simple plain text file, ignoring any headers at the
beginning of the file or XSL templates assigned to it.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? I think it has something to
do with the file associtations in the registry, but I can't find where.
Thanks in advance.

Martin Honnen

JulioHM said:
My Internet Explorer stopped treating XML files as (well) XML. Any XML
is opened as a simple plain text file, ignoring any headers at the
beginning of the file or XSL templates assigned to it.

You are more likely to find help or expertise on that in one of the IE
groups on the Microsoft news server news.microsoft.com.
You might want to mention there what Windows version, IE version you
have and whether that problem occurs with XML loaded via HTTP from a web
server or with XML loaded from the file system.
If it happens for files loaded via HTTP then post a URL where that
happens, someone can then check the HTTP headers the server sends to
find out whether IE should treat the content served as XML or not.

Rob van der Putten

Hi there

My Internet Explorer stopped treating XML files as (well) XML. Any XML
is opened as a simple plain text file, ignoring any headers at the
beginning of the file or XSL templates assigned to it.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? I think it has something to
do with the file associtations in the registry, but I can't find where.
Thanks in advance.

Check the content-type. Eg;

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:43:14 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux PHP/4.1.2
Last-Modified: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:52:13 GMT
ETag: "19a6b-480a-41ea394d"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
^^^^^^^^

Regards,