    Has anyone experienced this problem before? I think it has something to
    do with the file associtations in the registry, but I can't find where.
    Thanks in advance.

    JulioHM, Jan 18, 2005

  2. JulioHM wrote:

    > My Internet Explorer stopped treating XML files as (well) XML. Any XML
    > is opened as a simple plain text file, ignoring any headers at the
    > beginning of the file or XSL templates assigned to it.

    You are more likely to find help or expertise on that in one of the IE
    groups on the Microsoft news server news.microsoft.com.
    You might want to mention there what Windows version, IE version you
    have and whether that problem occurs with XML loaded via HTTP from a web
    server or with XML loaded from the file system.
    If it happens for files loaded via HTTP then post a URL where that
    happens, someone can then check the HTTP headers the server sends to
    find out whether IE should treat the content served as XML or not.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jan 18, 2005

  3. JulioHM

    JulioHM Guest

    Thank you for the tip!

    JulioHM, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Hi there

    JulioHM wrote:

    > My Internet Explorer stopped treating XML files as (well) XML. Any XML
    > is opened as a simple plain text file, ignoring any headers at the
    > beginning of the file or XSL templates assigned to it.
    >
    > Has anyone experienced this problem before? I think it has something to
    > do with the file associtations in the registry, but I can't find where.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Check the content-type. Eg;

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:43:14 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux PHP/4.1.2
    Last-Modified: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:52:13 GMT
    ETag: "19a6b-480a-41ea394d"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    ^^^^^^^^

    Regards,
    Rob
    | The EU constitution will turn the EU into a SU |
    | Vote against the EU constitution in the referendum |

    Rob van der Putten, Jan 19, 2005