    line.

    I don't have a clue as to why?

    Any suggestions?

    Shelly, Nov 19, 2007

  2. Shelly

    Els Guest

    Shelly wrote:

    > I have the following in a CSS file:
    > .SideLink {
    > border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;
    > margin: -2px 0 0px 0;
    > padding: 3px 2px 3px 2px;
    > }
    >
    > The selector is invoked by <p with class="SideLink">

    But without the word 'with', right?

    > On Firefox, there is a solid, 1px border at the bottom of each menu item
    > (this is called for each menu item). On Internet Explorer (7) there is no
    > line.
    >
    > I don't have a clue as to why?
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Yup - run the page through the validator, install the Firebug
    extension to see if there are any overlapping other elements, or...
    give a url :)

    Or, looking into my crystal ball, I see that each <p> is overlapping
    the previous one by 2px. Might just be enough to cover the 1px border?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Nov 19, 2007

  3. Shelly wrote:
    > I have the following in a CSS file:
    > .SideLink {
    > border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;
    > margin: -2px 0 0px 0;
    > padding: 3px 2px 3px 2px;
    > }
    >
    > The selector is invoked by <p with class="SideLink">
    >
    > On Firefox, there is a solid, 1px border at the bottom of each menu item
    > (this is called for each menu item). On Internet Explorer (7) there is no
    > line.
    >
    > I don't have a clue as to why?

    Seems that way, where's the rest of the page? It might matter, especail
    if you triggered quirks mode. Now DON'T paste all the code just a URL
    please!

    Many times IE has trouble with negative margins and parts disappear as
    page reflows...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Nov 19, 2007
  4. Shelly

    Shelly Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Shelly wrote:
    >> I have the following in a CSS file:
    >> .SideLink {
    >> border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;
    >> margin: -2px 0 0px 0;
    >> padding: 3px 2px 3px 2px;
    >> }
    >>
    >> The selector is invoked by <p with class="SideLink">
    >>
    >> On Firefox, there is a solid, 1px border at the bottom of each menu
    >> item (this is called for each menu item). On Internet Explorer (7)
    >> there is no line.
    >>
    >> I don't have a clue as to why?

    > Seems that way, where's the rest of the page? It might matter,
    > especail if you triggered quirks mode. Now DON'T paste all the code
    > just a URL please!
    >
    > Many times IE has trouble with negative margins and parts disappear as
    > page reflows...

    Thank you both very much. Changing the margin to "0" made it work properly.
    It also eliminated another bug of a line showing up when I moused over.

    Shelly

    Shelly, Nov 19, 2007