IE vs Firefox

Shelly

I have the following in a CSS file:
..SideLink {
border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;
margin: -2px 0 0px 0;
padding: 3px 2px 3px 2px;
}

The selector is invoked by <p with class="SideLink">

On Firefox, there is a solid, 1px border at the bottom of each menu item
(this is called for each menu item). On Internet Explorer (7) there is no
line.

I don't have a clue as to why?

Any suggestions?

Els

Shelly said:
I have the following in a CSS file:
.SideLink {
border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;
margin: -2px 0 0px 0;
padding: 3px 2px 3px 2px;
}

The selector is invoked by <p with class="SideLink">

But without the word 'with', right?
On Firefox, there is a solid, 1px border at the bottom of each menu item
(this is called for each menu item). On Internet Explorer (7) there is no
line.

I don't have a clue as to why?

Any suggestions?

Yup - run the page through the validator, install the Firebug
extension to see if there are any overlapping other elements, or...
give a url :)

Or, looking into my crystal ball, I see that each <p> is overlapping
the previous one by 2px. Might just be enough to cover the 1px border?

Jonathan N. Little

Shelly said:
I have the following in a CSS file:
.SideLink {
border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;
margin: -2px 0 0px 0;
padding: 3px 2px 3px 2px;
}

The selector is invoked by <p with class="SideLink">

On Firefox, there is a solid, 1px border at the bottom of each menu item
(this is called for each menu item). On Internet Explorer (7) there is no
line.

I don't have a clue as to why?

Seems that way, where's the rest of the page? It might matter, especail
if you triggered quirks mode. Now DON'T paste all the code just a URL
please!

Many times IE has trouble with negative margins and parts disappear as
page reflows...

Shelly

Jonathan said:
Seems that way, where's the rest of the page? It might matter,
especail if you triggered quirks mode. Now DON'T paste all the code
just a URL please!

Many times IE has trouble with negative margins and parts disappear as
page reflows...

Thank you both very much. Changing the margin to "0" made it work properly.
It also eliminated another bug of a line showing up when I moused over.

Shelly