    upload it, it breaks.

    If someone could check it out for me, that would be great.

    ~Senti
    Sentient Fluid, Apr 2, 2005

  2. Sentient Fluid

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Sentient Fluid wrote:

    > If someone could check it out for me, that would be great.

    The difference in IE is caused by the Geocities crap that is inserted
    *before* the doctype that you have given the page. Those two lines of
    code cause IE to fall into quirks mode and use the IE5 box model instead
    of standards mode.

    Solution: either build in fixes in your CSS, or preferably move your
    site to a server that *doesn't* insert extra crap to your pages.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Dylan Parry wrote:
    > Sentient Fluid wrote:
    >
    >> If someone could check it out for me, that would be great.

    > The difference in IE is caused by the Geocities crap that is inserted
    > *before* the doctype that you have given the page. Those two lines of
    > code cause IE to fall into quirks mode and use the IE5 box model instead
    > of standards mode.
    >
    > Solution: either build in fixes in your CSS, or preferably move your
    > site to a server that *doesn't* insert extra crap to your pages.

    That's actually perfect news. The guy I'm doing this for will be
    hosting them on a "proper" server which won't add any crap before hand.
    The only reason they were on Geocities was because I have no where
    else to test them "live". :)

    Thanks for the help though! :)

    ~Senti
    Sentient Fluid, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Sentient Fluid

    Joker7 Guest

    "Sentient Fluid"
    <> wrote in
    message news:...
    : Dylan Parry wrote:
    <snip>:
    : That's actually perfect news. The guy I'm doing
    this for will be
    : hosting them on a "proper" server which won't
    add any crap before hand.
    : The only reason they were on Geocities was
    because I have no where
    : else to test them "live". :)

    Test on your own machine !

    :
    : Thanks for the help though! :)
    :
    : ~Senti
    Joker7, Apr 2, 2005
  5. Joker7 wrote:
    > "Sentient Fluid"
    > <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > : Dylan Parry wrote:
    > <snip>:
    > : That's actually perfect news. The guy I'm doing
    > this for will be
    > : hosting them on a "proper" server which won't
    > add any crap before hand.
    > : The only reason they were on Geocities was
    > because I have no where
    > : else to test them "live". :)
    >
    > Test on your own machine !

    Did that, however I can't get IE 5.5 to run on XP with IE6 going. So I
    foudn a place to host it so I could check it on a friends machine who
    has IE5.5. :)

    Sentient Fluid, Apr 3, 2005
  6. Sentient Fluid

    Dylan Parry Guest