IE Warnings after adding Mouseover code - but not with other sites??

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by graeme_smith77@hotmail.com, Feb 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,
    very new to web design in general and Javacript in particular.

    I found....
    http://www.peterkerr.freeserve.co.uk/mouseover/html.html

    and used the mouseover example to add some changing buttons to my own
    web page....
    It works, but when I run the page IE 6 gives me the active content
    warning. 'Internet Explorer has restricted this file from Showing
    active content that could access your computer. Click here for
    options.'
    If I click and allow blocked content it all works fine.

    I didn't get the message before I added the Javascript. So it's the
    script that's caused it.
    HOWEVER....

    If I run other pages, including the one I copied the code from, I don't
    get this message.
    The only difference I can find is that my links refer to a reference on
    the same page rather than to a new page.

    Am I missing a trick?

    Regards
    Graeme

    , Feb 13, 2005

    Stranger - I loaded it to my Web space on line and when I connect to it
    it doesn't give the warnings???? Only when I run it locally.

    Please explain someone :-Z

    Graeme

    , Feb 13, 2005

  3. Randy Webb Guest

    Re: IE Warnings after adding Mouseover code - but not with othersites??

    wrote:
    > Stranger - I loaded it to my Web space on line and when I connect to it
    > it doesn't give the warnings???? Only when I run it locally.
    >
    > Please explain someone :-Z
    >
    > Graeme

    Search the archives for "mark of the web" and read the *entire* thread.
    What you are seeing is increased security in IE6 SP2 when run from the
    local zone.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Feb 14, 2005

    Thanks Randy - explains my problems perfectly.
    Cheers
    Graeme

    , Feb 14, 2005