IE Web Controls - discontinued ???

Galin Iliev

Hello guys
I am going to use IE Web Controls ( MultiPage, TabStrip, Toolbar, and
TreeView.) in my web application but I see red warrnings on MSDN site which
said

"Microsoft Internet Explorer WebControls are not currently supported."

What this mean?

are they built in .NET framework 2.0 classes?

will they work only with Framework v1.1.4322 (I have this installed) and
will no work with next .NET Framework version?

I am trying to estimate what would be the worst consenquence if I use this
in one middle-sized web application.
if they are unacceptable what are the MS alternatives ( for TREEVIEW and
TabStrip )

Thank you in advance

Galin Iliev [MCSD, MCAD.NET ]
Senior Software Developer

Brock Allen

They were never supported. In ASP.NET 2.0 there is a TreeView and Menu control
but no TabStrip. I don't even know what a toolbar is, so I don't think that's
in 2.0 either.

Kannan.V [MCSD.net]

hi Galin,

Basically "Not supported" means there might be no tech support that might be
provided from MS for the IE web controls and there will be no updates to the
IE Web controls, but that should not stop you from using it in your projects.
ASP net 2.0 comes with the TreeView and menucontrols as part of the Controls.

The entire Source code for the IE Webcontrols are provided to you and you
can make changes to suit your needs.
Basically all the IE web controls work with an underlying .HTC control file
which takes care of rendering and formatting of the controls on the page.

I feel no risk associated in using the controls in your mid-sized application.

Hope this helped you.
Kannan.V

Kannan.V [MCSD.net]

hi Galin,

Basically "Not supported" means there might be no tech support that might be
provided from MS for the IE web controls and there will be no updates to the
IE Web controls, but that should not stop you from using it in your projects.
ASP net 2.0 comes with the TreeView and menucontrols as part of the Controls.

The entire Source code for IE Webcontrols is provided to you and you can
make changes to suit your needs.
Basically all the IE web controls work with an underlying .HTC control file
which takes care of rendering and formatting of the controls on the page.

I feel no risk associated in using the controls in your mid-sized application.

Hope this helped you.
Kannan.V

Galin Iliev

Thank you guys
I will use these controls then :)

Galin Iliev [MCSD, MCAD.NET ]
Senior Software Developer

amber

I find it ,because the system manager changed the default directory of the
website.
^_^£¡