IE Web Controls not rendering

Harley

I have problems with the IE web controls, those not supported by MS, that
include TreeView, ToolBar, TabStrip and PageView.
I prepared the build from the distribution package (MS doesnt provide a
ready to run dll, you must compile your own) and everything worked in the
development server. after compliing the files, we created the requiered
folders in the server and copied the .htc files and the dll. everything
worked ok.
but when we copied the files to the production server, the controls stopped
working. some controls render plain html and some, like the TabStrip,
renders strange things.
the clients are IE 6.0.28, WinXP with all the patches and updates. pages
using this controls run ok when served from other servers, even some demo
and tutorial site found on the net, so the problem is not on the client.
Someone has had a similar problem? the server is Windows 2003 Server,
patches up to date, running IIS6 and .Net Framework 1.1.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

this is an *.htc problem.

Where did you drop the .htc file? verify that this is the same place in the
server and that the config file points to this location. You should be able
to use the same path on your development machine on the server.