IE WebControls Tab/MultiPage state problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dan, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    IE WebControls Tab/MultiPage state problem

    I have a IE tab/multipage on a WebForm (aspx) like this:

    <code>

    <iewc:TabStrip id="tabs" runat="server" TargetID="MultiPage1">

    <iewc:Tab Text="Tab1" ID="tp Tab1"></iewc:Tab>

    </iewc:TabStrip>

    <iewc:MultiPage id="MultiPage1" runat="server">

    <iewc:pageView>

    <MyControlPrefix:MyControl runat="server"
    id="MyControl1" />

    </iewc:pageView>

    </iewc:MultiPage>

    </code>

    The webcontrol MyControl (ascx) has a <asp:textbox runat=server.>. The
    problem is that the Webform knows the record to display in the textbox (by
    QueryString variable retrieved as Request.Params["RecordPrimaryKey"]).

    My problem is that I cannot see any way for the usercontrol to determine
    this value. Do you know?

    Here's what doesn't work:

    a) Having the Page_Load event directly access the usercontrol. This
    doesn't work because the IE Multipage 'feature' that doesn't allow early
    bound access to the control (I really hate that). Note that the
    ..FindControl is not an option for reasons I won't get into.

    b) assigning the primary key to context, like
    HttpContext.Current.Items["RecordPrimaryKey"]=_PrimaryKey; this almost
    works, except that on a Postback, the usercontrol has no value in that
    context.

    So I'm stuck. What are you guys (gals) doing to work around this problem.

    Dan, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Dan,
    Please make sure the AutoPostBack property is set to true for the
    ie web control.
    That may help.
    Thanks,
    Marshal Antony