    "The WebControls deliver content that renders in all commonly used browsers, while taking advantage of powerful features supported by Internet Explorer 5.5 or later versions. The WebControls provide an authoring solution with widespread reach, by delivering HTML 3.2 compatible content to downlevel browsers (Internet Explorer 5.01 or earlier or a browser other than Internet Explorer). ASP.NET Web forms detect the client browser capabilities and include DHTML behaviors in the Web pages downloaded to uplevel browsers (Internet Explorer 5.5 or later)."

    I hate to say it, but from what I've seen, the above quote from Microsoft seems to be an outright lie. I would be happy to hear any suggestions or experience with this problem because right now I'm at a loss as to what to do about this.

    -Brian

    floater55, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Actually, they'd pry argue that Safari is so new and therefore not
    'commonly used'...that really is part of it. Not to say the control isn't
    'tailored' or biased towards IE, of course they want you to move there.
    Without knowing how Safari supports HTML standards, and how all of that
    relates to the TabControl that was built over a year ago, I couldn't say
    it's a lie....

    Have you tried overriding the browser capabilities in your .config, and map
    the Safari user-agent string to support all the functionality of IE?
    That's one possibility, I've done that before to get Netscape to work with
    other things sometimes....

    What does it look like anyway? What's wrong with it, does it show up at
    all?

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder [MVP], Jul 16, 2003

  3. floater55

    floater55 Guest

    Well it does show up, but when you click a tab to move to another multipage
    (and change the selected tab to the one you clicked) nothing occurs. The
    original tab stays selected along with the original multipage.

    It is not only Safari that is acting weird. It is IE 5 on OS 9 that is
    doing the same thing. In addition to that Netscape 7 on a PC has similar
    problems.

    Everything renders fine with these browsers, however any functionality is
    absent. For example if you click on a tab other than the default tab
    nothing happens. On IE on a PC everything is fine.

    I will try overiding the browser capability in my config file and see how
    that works, however shouldn't it automatically detect the browser/platform
    types? Thanks very much for the suggestion!

    -Brian

    floater55, Jul 16, 2003