    view, but that's it. Please help, I am at wits end.

    Thanks,

    Anthony
    Anthony Fine, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Anthony Fine

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    The web controls rely on htc files to obtain their behavior or rendering
    qualities. These htc file must be in the root web folder at this path
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1.x Consult the docs for more specifics.

    regards

    --

    -----------
    Got TidBits?
    "Anthony Fine" <> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > This may sound like a trivial question, but here goes. I am using the
    > treeview control from the IE WebControls, and cannot get it to display
    > correctly. When I am in design view, it shows up correctly, but when I

    run
    > the page, all of the nodes show up as plain text. I read somewhere that

    the
    > Framework v1.1 does support the IE WebControls v1.0, and that there is a
    > v1.1 of the WebControls. I originally had VS.NET 2002 installed, and
    > recently changed to 2003. I uninstalled VS, and then the Framework

    beforing
    > installing 2003. At that point, I ran "aspnet_regiis.exe -i", and then
    > compiled the WebControls using "csc.exe" from the v1.1 Framework

    directory.

    Alvin Bruney, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Anthony Fine

    Anthony Fine Guest

    Alvin,

    Thanks so much for the help. That worked great. When I originally
    installed the controls and setup the directories, I thought that the
    webctrl_client folder just had to be at the root of the virtual directory,
    not the root of the website.

    Thanks again,
    Anthony

    "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:...

    Anthony Fine, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Anthony Fine

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    glad to know that it worked for you. Asp 2.0 gets rid of all that though so
    things will change again for the better.

    regards

    --

    -----------

    Alvin Bruney, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Anthony Fine

    Todd Guest

    Here is where I am stuck. I NEED the webctrl_client folder under the virtual
    directory. I'm on a shared server and cannot place this directory under the
    root of the web site. Someone mentioned that there is a config setting that
    might help but I can't find it. The WebControls are useless to me unless I
    can place the supporting files into a virtual directory subdirectory.

    <Todd />

    Todd, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Anthony Fine

    Todd Guest

    I found the following information in a post I found on a forum hosted by
    www.asp.net.

    There is a reference to the "webctrl_client" folder in the source file:
    C:\Program Files\IE Web Controls\src\BaseRichControl.cs

    If you need the webctrl_client folder to be under a virtual directory just
    change the code from:
    private const string DefaultCommonFilesRoot = "/webctrl_client/";
    to:
    private const string DefaultCommonFilesRoot =
    "/VirtualDIR/webctrl_client/";

    Then:
    1. Recompile Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll.
    2. Move the newly compiled DLL back into the bin directory (or just use
    VS.NET to register it in your project).
    3. Move the webctrl_client folder under your VirtualDIR.
    4. Change the SystemImagesPath and ImageURL properties on the ASPX page to
    point at the new directory.

    <Todd />

    Todd, Nov 20, 2003
  7. Anthony Fine