IE weon't scroll in frame

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Bill, Feb 13, 2004.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Not sure if this is a JS problem, so if it's OT I apologize, but I hope
    someone here knows the answer.

    It isn't exactly my problem yet, it's on someone else's site, but I have
    to post some content there in a couple of days.

    Go to http://www.sciencecoalition.org, click on the "Sneak a peek inside
    thelabs" link at the right, then follow the link to Columbia University.

    In Mozilla on a Mac in OS9 or Jaguar it works fine.

    In IE 5.1 on Mac OS9, and 5.2 on Jaguar, the content frame won't scroll
    It can be made to scroll by setting "scrolling=yes" which adds scroll
    bars.

    In Netscape 6 on OS9 the content frame is blank, ands it causes Netscape
    to quit and then crashes the computer.

    Haven't tried it on a PC, but I'm guessing the developers of the site
    did and it worked, so they stopped there.

    Should add that I wouldn't use frames myself, but I'm stuck with adding
    a content frame to this setup, so I need to know how to get it to scroll
    without adding scroll bars, or what to tell the webmaster there to get
    it to work.
    Bill, Feb 13, 2004